Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timney Glock Alpha Competition trigger

tt350z

10 hours ago, dapribek said:

I had to send him the Timney triggers, trigger housings and strikers. Besides polishing everything, I believe he’ll be adding pre and post travel adjustments, his own connector and mods to the striker. If you watch his Youtube  videos, the take up is much shorter and the reset is amazing. I’m hoping it’ll up my  game!

definitely let us know what you think when it comes in!  I just checked his site - it looks like it's $250 - that doesn't include the timney trigger kit does it?

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it doesn’t include the Timney triggers which took 5 weeks for me to get. JG says it will take up to 4 weeks for him to tweak them and get them back to me. So it’s $400 a trigger, pretty pricey. I’m hoping to sell the JG triggers I have  installed to fund at least part of this!

Hello, I do like my Timney trigger and think for a drop in it works very well. I guess I am cheap since I think a $400 Glock trigger is crazy. A 2-3lb Glock trigger is good enough for me and it can be done with stock parts. When a Glock trigger is two thirds the cost of the pistol I would look to buy more ammo to practice with instead. Thanks, Eric

27 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello, I do like my Timney trigger and think for a drop in it works very well. I guess I am cheap since I think a $400 Glock trigger is crazy. A 2-3lb Glock trigger is good enough for me and it can be done with stock parts. When a Glock trigger is two thirds the cost of the pistol I would look to buy more ammo to practice with instead. Thanks, Eric

I guess my justification is with the Timney, I can run a full power striker to shoot just about all ammo including the hard primered steel ammo.  Before that, it was a sacrifice to run a really light trigger glock.

Note the Timney is good as is.  It's really good trigger and will fits most shooters needs.

But than their folks like me who don't mind dropping the coin to get as much out of it as possible.

People spend $1000+ on gucci'ed glocks anyway so I don't feel bad about spending 400 bux on a trigger.  

11 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Tell us how you get a 2# Glock trigger using All OEM Glock Parts.

I'm getting a 4% failure rate with Rem 7 ½ SRP's...which is actually better than expected. Using a OEM striker spring from a Blue Label G34 Gen4.  (I think the Blue's came with 5.5# springs).  Will try a 6# striker spring later next week. 
Other than that, the trigger breaks slightly under 2 ½ lbs. and it's 100% reliable with SPP's.   

17 hours ago, lll Otto lll said:

I'm getting a 4% failure rate with Rem 7 ½ SRP's...which is actually better than expected. Using a OEM striker spring from a Blue Label G34 Gen4.  (I think the Blue's came with 5.5# springs).  Will try a 6# striker spring later next week. 
Other than that, the trigger breaks slightly under 2 ½ lbs. and it's 100% reliable with SPP's.   

The only difference between a new BL G34 and a new non BL G34 is the BL G34 comes with a Dot Connector unless ordered with a Minus Connector and the non BL G34 comes with a Minus Connector.

Be aware: The Alpha will NOT work with Gen 3 two-pin frames, since the trigger return spring needs the upper locking block pin to bear on for proper tension.  These are older Gen 3 frames and were discontinued sometime in 2002.  Anyone know how to convert a 2 pin to a 3 pin?

2 hours ago, sx2gl35 said:

Be aware: The Alpha will NOT work with Gen 3 two-pin frames, since the trigger return spring needs the upper locking block pin to bear on for proper tension.  These are older Gen 3 frames and were discontinued sometime in 2002.  Anyone know how to convert a 2 pin to a 3 pin?

Does it make contact with the locking block? Mines on a ZEV OZ9 so it doesn’t have a locking block pin so it’s like a 2 pin gun. Since the block is integrated into the chassis and cant be lifted out of the frame like a Glock, it's machined open enough to allow the trigger to be removed so I would assume that yours would actually fit better.

C842BF94-2469-4AAB-AB8F-A0FD05CF2F01.jpeg

On my more than 20 YOA G34 Gen3 two-pin, the vertical leg of the "L" spring rests on the locking block itself and is about 1/8" above it; definitely will interfere with lock-up.  Also, it's standing almost straight up and has almost no tension; so no trigger return at all...it needs the second locking block pin to function correctly.  Timney now knows this and they are correcting the information on their website according to the very helpful customer service rep.

28 minutes ago, sx2gl35 said:

On my more than 20 YOA G34 Gen3 two-pin, the vertical leg of the "L" spring rests on the locking block itself and is about 1/8" above it; definitely will interfere with lock-up.  Also, it's standing almost straight up and has almost no tension; so no trigger return at all...it needs the second locking block pin to function correctly.  Timney now knows this and they are correcting the information on their website according to the very helpful customer service rep.

Maybe a stupid question, but is there any way to convert a 2 pin gen 3 to a 3 pin version?  Add the newer locking block, drill a hole for the third pin, and ???

What’s the current wait time on ordering a trigger?

I ordered one on 6/28 from PSA but they just emailed me and canceled my order. Seems like a crap move since it showed in stock several days after. 

6 minutes ago, Edwards30 said:

What’s the current wait time on ordering a trigger?

I ordered one on 6/28 from PSA but they just emailed me and canceled my order. Seems like a crap move since it showed in stock several days after. 

Why not go straight to Timney (they do say possible shipping delays)?

6 minutes ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Maybe a stupid question, but is there any way to convert a 2 pin gen 3 to a 3 pin version?  Add the newer locking block, drill a hole for the third pin, and ???

That's a great question.  I researched that and found a lot of folks who thought that was not the thing to do since the gun is old, not that it matters since mine still functions flawlessly.  But I want the new trigger, and it's time for a new frame just because.  Even Glock won't do that...I asked. 

You would probably need a jig of some sort that would take the place of the locking block and have exterior guides on both sides in which to run the drill bit on a drill press; well beyond my capabilities.  I'm waiting to hear from the guy who just did it with his hand-held drill while holding the frame in his other hand!!! 

25 minutes ago, sx2gl35 said:

That's a great question.  I researched that and found a lot of folks who thought that was not the thing to do since the gun is old, not that it matters since mine still functions flawlessly.  But I want the new trigger, and it's time for a new frame just because.  Even Glock won't do that...I asked. 

You would probably need a jig of some sort that would take the place of the locking block and have exterior guides on both sides in which to run the drill bit on a drill press; well beyond my capabilities.  I'm waiting to hear from the guy who just did it with his hand-held drill while holding the frame in his other hand!!! 

I'm going to my gunsmith next week, and I'll ask him what he thinks.

I assumed that you'd put in the newer locking block and work from there, but I'm not a gunsmith, nor do I play one on television.

18 hours ago, dapribek said:

My Timney triggers took 5 weeks to get. 

I ordered my trigger straight from Timney, then they said it would take weeks to get.  I checked with Midwayusa and they said I would have it in three days.  I called Timney back and cancelled the order and got one from Midway.

I just checked the Midwayusa web site, the Gen 5 are out of stock but the others are available.  

On 7/9/2021 at 12:22 PM, dapribek said:

My Timney triggers took 5 weeks to get. 

Mine only took a few days but they were Gen4's

Follow up: After installing a 6 lb. Wolff striker spring I'm still getting light primer strikes with Remington 7 ½ small rifle primers. 
These are extremely hard primers (suitable for AR's) so I don't fault Timney. Oddly, most of the failures were with Winchester brass. 

Anyone install the Alpha into a G35 Gen 3?  I tried, but could not get the sear to release the striker consistently.  Dropped the same one into a G17 Gen 3 and no problems.

1 hour ago, sx2gl35 said:

Anyone install the Alpha into a G35 Gen 3?  I tried, but could not get the sear to release the striker consistently.  Dropped the same one into a G17 Gen 3 and no problems.

I put one in my G34 without any issues.  
Make sure the adjustment screw at the bottom of the Timney sear unit is tightened after you put it into the Glock housing.