Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RCBS Piggyback/AmmoMaster Help

New member as of today and  already I am looking for some help, lol

I primarily reload for rifles and occasionally for  pistol, but this March we had our first baby and bought a new house. Believe it or not I have had an abundance of free time (usually between 10pm and 1am  where I began to start processing my brass with the hopes of getting it loaded to the point I can begin to shoot and possibly compete. 

After I processed and loaded every useable 9,45, 223, and 38/357 case I own over  the last 9 months, I went to dust off this box I bought off a gentleman about 8 years ago. It was a New Old Stock RCBS PiggyBack 2 and in another box was a vintage rockchucker that went with it. There was only 1 shell- plate with it for 45ACP, and after I figured it out, I had about 5k loaded rounds out of it in 2 Saturday afternoons. I own a S&W 625 and a Colt Competition which I absolutely will put through their paces. 

It is not a Dillon, but I do have a bullet feeder die and certainly dont mind being limited to about 400/rounds an hour for the time being. To make a long story short, I am looking for a source if not a member with a spare "top-plate/toolhead" For a piggyback or ammo master, or even a "parts machine" so I can set it up for 9mm.  and just swap top plates...kinda like a Dillon ;) 

Any input on where to find a top plate or if anyone has one would be awesome. and greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Nick 

Have you called RCBS? Their customer service is pretty good at taking care of people. Also, 400 an hour on a turret press is, uh, aggressive. I'd find that impossible on a Lee turret, and that's auto-indexing.

Its a progressive  not a turret and I have cases primed and sized ahead of time which eliminates the only issues I've had and let's me move pretty well and I only say 400 because that's how many bullets a I have preloaded in rubes for the bullet feed die

I run 1) flare 2)powder 3) powder check 4) bullet feed die 5) seat+ tc. I may switch to a lee auto drum to expander or dillon powder + expander and  crimp on 5

Rcbs has  nothing. Either I find a used machine a used part or have one machined

Edited by pbking51