Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 barrel in a SP-01?

MuayThaiJJ

I am pretty sure they are compatible, but does anyone know offhand if you can put a Shadow 2 barrel in a SP-01? The OD is the same 0.55" but the Shadow 2 is 4.9" vs 4.6" SP01.

Also am pretty sure the bottom peanut dimensions are identical too.

Thanks!

A shadow 2 barrel does indeed go into a SP01 Shadow slide. And lock up into the breech face and hood. And the recoil spring seat properly on the lug. Then the slide does go on the frame and the slide stop inserts and the pistol manually cycles just fine. But here it comes.....

Even to the naked eye the "peanut" is different. With the Shadow 2 barrel in the SP01 Shadow and it fully assembled there is 2-3mm of front and back slop. So sadly we do not have a way to just drop in an extended barrel into the older guns.

Let me tell you, I sure wish I had all of my old "Oz" match barrels from my SP01's and Accushadows......

Hmm, will it really affect functionality though if goes into battery fine and cycles? My friend has a ACCU shadow upper he’s been running on a Shadow 2 frame. I’m wondering if I could run a Shadow 2 barrel in my SP-01 Shadow upper on a 75 SA frame.

4 hours ago, rowdyb said:

A shadow 2 barrel does indeed go into a SP01 Shadow slide. And lock up into the breech face and hood. And the recoil spring seat properly on the lug. Then the slide does go on the frame and the slide stop inserts and the pistol manually cycles just fine. But here it comes.....

Even to the naked eye the "peanut" is different. With the Shadow 2 barrel in the SP01 Shadow and it fully assembled there is 2-3mm of front and back slop. So sadly we do not have a way to just drop in an extended barrel into the older guns.

Let me tell you, I sure wish I had all of my old "Oz" match barrels from my SP01's and Accushadows......

Honestly I'm glad to see the peanut is different.

Shadow 1 slide is 12.3oz

Shadow 2 slide is 13.7oz

That will require different timing, glad to see CZ didn't just make a beefier slide and leave it at that.

2 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

Hmm, will it really affect functionality though if goes into battery fine and cycles? My friend has a ACCU shadow upper he’s been running on a Shadow 2 frame. I’m wondering if I could run a Shadow 2 barrel in my SP-01 Shadow upper on a 75 SA frame.

CZ Custom has a number of different options for longer barrels for the SP01. They are also "match grade" 😉 and that makes them way cooler.

12 hours ago, bigdave24 said:

Extended barrel would work with an accu-shadow bushing, wouldn’t it?

It works because of when you can take the bushing out as part of the assembly and disassembly process. The 10x is static, in situ.