Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double-check me: classification for big matches?

matteekay

Quick question that I *think* I know the answer to but want to double-check.

I'm shooting a Level IV in May. I know that sanctioned matches require a classifier to be shot within a year in order to participate, per 9.2.5:

Every shooter in a Sanctioned Match must be classified within the previous 12 months in the Division in which he/she is entered. 

Per 9.2.3, successfully competing in a sanctioned match counts as classifying:

Shooting and completing a Sanctioned IDPA match in the last 12 months (without a DQ or DNF) also counts as shooting a Classifier in the division in which the shooter competed.

I shot last year's Level IV in September 2020 so, based on the above, I should be classified for this year's in the same division, correct? Just trying to make sure because I don't think there are any local classifiers on the calendar before the May match. I'm not sure why the IDPA classification system throws me so much...

5 minutes ago, MarilynMonbro said:

Correct. You can also go to the IDPA website and I think it will be updated there 

True! I was looking at my shooting history and not my dashboard, the latter of which simplifies things (it just shows your most recent classification rather than including what type it was). Thanks for the affirmation.

On 1/25/2021 at 12:13 PM, matteekay said:

I'm not sure why the IDPA classification system throws me so much...

Because, like almost everything else in their rulebook, they've made their classification system needlessly confusing

Example what is the point of having 9.3 and 9.5?  Their language is slightly different but they both do the same thing.

9.2.4: if I think you're sandbagging I'll make you reshoot the classifier so that you can sandbag again

What a dumpster fire..........

On 1/28/2021 at 5:18 AM, SGT_Schultz said:

Because, like almost everything else in their rulebook, they've made their classification system needlessly confusing

Example what is the point of having 9.3 and 9.5?  Their language is slightly different but they both do the same thing.

9.2.4: if I think you're sandbagging I'll make you reshoot the classifier so that you can sandbag again

What a dumpster fire..........

fire one shot, let them score it, save ammo and time, and still be classified.