Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problems with a zev pro trigger

Yoseppy

I bought a zev pro flat face trigger and I’ve had nothing but issues with it. The safety won’t reengage after it’s been shot 6/10 times and sometimes the trigger will slide over the reset completely and you have a live round in the gun but no trigger to pull. 

Has anyone had these same issues? I’ve put a factory back in it and all the problems have gone away. 

#11 recoil spring, #6 extra power trigger spring, #2 zev firing pin spring, reduced power firing pin block, LWD connector, Zev lightweight firing pin, and ZEV pro trigger here. I did polish and cleaned the edges on the connector and trigger bar. No issues with the reset which is still firm, audible, and tactile.

Did you make sure that the hook end of the trigger spring stayed in notch on the trigger bar?

Have you tried swapping individual components to see if it works or doesnt woork with a certain part?

Edited by tt350z

Your springs are fighting each other. Try 13 recoil, dump the 6 trigger to stock, zev calls their striker spring 2, but it’s not it’s a 4 lb . Glock oem 17 recoil, and 5 striker is about a 3to 1 ratio. Try and keep close to that. The 6 lb trigger is known to not reset in some guns, especially gen4. Also do the recoil spring test. Not a 100% test but might show weakness. Unloaded gun, rack slide, point straight up, pull trigger, rack slide and slowly ease back into battery, if it does not lock up your rsa is too weak.

14 hours ago, tt350z said:

#11 recoil spring, #6 extra power trigger spring, #2 zev firing pin spring, reduced power firing pin block, LWD connector, Zev lightweight firing pin, and ZEV pro trigger here. I did polish and cleaned the edges on the connector and trigger bar. No issues with the reset which is still firm, audible, and tactile.

Did you make sure that the hook end of the trigger spring stayed in notch on the trigger bar?

Have you tried swapping individual components to see if it works or doesnt woork with a certain part?

At one point I put it in my g19 which is stock and it did the same thing. Right now it’s in my g34 which has a Lantac ssr 3.5 connector extra power trigger spring and a 3lbs firing pin spring. 

On 1/24/2021 at 6:24 AM, rooster said:

Your springs are fighting each other. Try 13 recoil, dump the 6 trigger to stock, zev calls their striker spring 2, but it’s not it’s a 4 lb . Glock oem 17 recoil, and 5 striker is about a 3to 1 ratio. Try and keep close to that. The 6 lb trigger is known to not reset in some guns, especially gen4. Also do the recoil spring test. Not a 100% test but might show weakness. Unloaded gun, rack slide, point straight up, pull trigger, rack slide and slowly ease back into battery, if it does not lock up your rsa is too weak.

Beat me to it.

Well I was messing around with it today trying to get it fixed swapped out my striker spring for a 4.5lbs spring and put in a 3.5 zev connect and the gun has functioned perfectly during dry fire. I put the lantac back in and it wouldn’t work.... not sure what’s going on with the Lantac but thankfully I had  another connector in the parts kit.