Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frankford Arsenal FX-10 progressive press

16 hours ago, chgofirefighter said:

Hmmm, Dillon is releasing a ten station system?  🤨 Ammobot was purchased by Dillon and they have yet to release anything meanwhile everyone else is surpassing them.  Love Dillon brand don't get me wrong but they could do a lot, lot better.  Luckily for them Dillon has loyal followers.

Four or Five years from now I will refer back to this post and remind my Chicago based Fire Fighting Friend and everyone else that I was right about Dillon releasing a ten station system... 😮🤣 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Four or Five years from now I will refer back to this post and remind my Chicago based Fire Fighting Friend and everyone else that I was right about Dillon releasing a ten station system... 😮🤣 

I'm at the age where buying a new press is out of the question, not because of cost but because of my usage falling off. In fact I foresee selling off my equipment in the coming years.  None the less, I hope for the sake of those younger reloaders that Dillon does come out with a 10 station press. I wish they had one 30 years ago.

it is the price they want for the press that will stop me.

I like gizmos and I will buy such things because it is fun.

buuuuut Dillon wants a price I think is rather dear ...

I can think for a few grand I can dream-up and build some rube goldberg gizmo...

a few bitz of all thread, a welding iron, and hacksaw work  should get me

an entertaining evening building ammo.

the result is likely to be better than a turret press... and almost as much fun as the time my

bullet collator decided to spit bullets with enthusiasm.

I am thinking a 6 cyl crank and a chain driven shell carrier might be the ticket.

there is a gear ring on the end of the crank shaft for anyone to motorize it...

We can beat dillon!

yall go on ahead... I am tard n weezin'

miranda

On 2/6/2021 at 7:06 PM, jtaylor996 said:

I find myself interested in this unit... seems like a real upgrade from my LNL, but man my only interaction with FA service was over my dead vibraprime... and it took them more than 2 months to even respond to my inquiry. 

Has anyone else actually used FA's service and support before and had better luck? Maybe they just blew me off because it was just a vibraprime?

I actually have a very good story about FA customer service. I ordered several items from them at once. I got the box and was excitedly unpacking it when I discovered the Universal seating die set wasn't in the box. I looked on the packing slip and it was listed. Uh oh! How do I explain this? It's just my word against theirs.

So, I called and got someone on the phone within a couple minutes. He was obviously skeptical, but I think began to accept they just may have screwed up and not packed all my items. I remained very nice through the whole conversation. He asked that I take a few pics of the box and items for their insurance. I did that and emailed them so they were added to the ticket that was opened.

They shipped out within a couple days. I received the die set within a few more days. I am very pleased with service like that. They could have just said, 'Sorry buddy. We don't believe you." Obviously, I could then go through my credit card and contest it, and they would have lost me as a customer. But, they did the right thing and they did it quickly and gave me no crap about it. THAT is impressive to me.

I have only experience with a couple SDB's I had years ago and the two 550's I have now. When I saw this press, and saw the price I was just surprised. It raised in my mind the question what might be the difference (like in make quality, materials etc) of this one for some $700 and the new APEX 10 for some $3k. Just wondering...

This seems to be quite a price difference...for a few years now I am mulling over to get a press with one more station to install a powder check die, I load a lot of 357 mag and 38 spl, so long cases and not easy to see inside to make sure they have powder (and no double charge either).

11 minutes ago, RudyVey said:

I have only experience with a couple SDB's I had years ago and the two 550's I have now. When I saw this press, and saw the price I was just surprised. It raised in my mind the question what might be the difference (like in make quality, materials etc) of this one for some $700 and the new APEX 10 for some $3k. Just wondering...

This seems to be quite a price difference...for a few years now I am mulling over to get a press with one more station to install a powder check die, I load a lot of 357 mag and 38 spl, so long cases and not easy to see inside to make sure they have powder (and no double charge either).

That is a notable pricing difference for sure.

To make it more apples to apples we'd have to add the price of a case feeder to the FX 10 price.

There'd still be about a $2k difference.

1 minute ago, RudyVey said:

quoted so the reply does not get lost.

think of it this way, you often pay for more than the iron in the tool

How many get made or are expected to sell and the time and work to create the solutions.

The price may reflect the expectation to sell 20 versus 20k. 

It is easier to get bigger profits  if you sell a lot. 

Something that is hard to avoid the first time an item is made is paying

inventive people to build a good idea.

There may be new ideas in the frankford press. 

I doubt the people who made the those ideas are getting paid.

I am sure FA is planning to sell many, a lower cost from volume.

some times getting there first is all it takes to get and keep a market.

like deciding 5 holes for an auto indexing press is the way to build it.

my issue with the frankford press is some price and some need.

Will it truly give me any advantage over my current press and how much advantage?

(we have a ball park price) so how tough is fitting case ad bullet feeders

and the one that will cause no end of fits is the primer feed reliable...

Unless it is bullet proof and fool proof is will be yet another tinker toy...

I have a good number of those hanging around right now.

( gotta wonder if what we'd get if Honda or toyota made such presses?

a bluetooth player is likely...  and the air-conditioner would work...

the primer filler is standard but only holds fills to 60...

powder check camera is optional  but one one want the standard mirror... )

miranda

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Kirkster said:

Still have not seen this hit the YouTube channels like Ultimate Reloader.  So apparently it is still mostly Corona ware…. 

Maybe the marketing team is waiting until closer to the release rather than teasing a product that doesn't get released for a year.

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, NWBullitt said:

Optics planet had this as a "pre-order" but now it's says it is "discontinued by the mfg"?

It is still listed as "coming soon" on the Frankford website.

Optics Planet is a stock churning machine. I wouldn't go there for industry insider information.

Having said that it wouldn't surprise me to find out that the introductory date has been pushed back or that the product has been cancelled due to Covid or whatever...

Edited by ddc

even If I thought a case feeder required...(it is)

Dillon's price is 350? 

FA should be looking to corner the casefeeder market if they are going to make

one to put on that press...

ok... lets invoke  "covid-flation"  the press is now up to 800 and the 

not so optional feeder is 300.

still doesn't beat a 3d printer and making one.

miranda

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 9:57 AM, Sigarmsp226 said:

lol, thanks Mark!   Dillon needs to step up that's for sure and with competition leading the way Dillon will have to adopt. 

• 2 weeks later...