Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frankford Arsenal FX-10 progressive press

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, that thing looks promising. I wonder what tool heads and conversions will run. I want an Evo/1100 for on press swaging but if this press can do that for a much lower cost it's hard to pass up. I don't need to load 2k an hour, I just want the additional stations and swaging.

Will be patiently awaiting the release as a stripped down model is perfect for me to print the case and bullet feeders.

For the life of me, I don’t understand why Dillon did not increase the stations on their new press so a bullet feeder and powder check could be used simultaneously. I seat and crimp in different stations so using a bullet feeder would result in losing my powder check die. I like the Mark 7 evolution but too pricey. I would be interested to see if Lyman comes out with a less expensive Mark 7 progressive press. 

Haven’t heard a thing out of Dillon and their purchase of AmmoBot.

10 hours ago, cbrussell said:

For the life of me, I don’t understand why Dillon did not increase the stations on their new press so a bullet feeder and powder check could be used simultaneously. I seat and crimp in different stations so using a bullet feeder would result in losing my powder check die. I like the Mark 7 evolution but too pricey. I would be interested to see if Lyman comes out with a less expensive Mark 7 progressive press. 

Haven’t heard a thing out of Dillon and their purchase of AmmoBot.

A cast version of the Evo has been rumored for a while to compete in price with the 1100 but with the $300 in price increases, dillon is already closing the gap. And I would assume Dillon kept pretty much the same tool head to allow people to use their old stuff. I would have preferred them keeping the 1050 and launching a whole new press with 10 stations, would have gotten that in a heartbeat. 

And if the new Evo primer system comes out and works as advertised and keeps the press roughly the same price, I think a lot more people will skip to the Evo.

Edited by Intheshaw1
Spelling

8 hours ago, tmz said:

Using the link @tmz provided:

Press - $649.95

Shell Plate - $71.99

Powder Measure - $123.99

Case Feeder - $195.99

Bullet Feeder - $379.99

Total - $1,421.91

Now the powder measure and possibly one shell plate might be in the basic press price so that would bring the press, plus case and bullet feeders price to $1,225.93

BC

Edited by BillChunn

3 minutes ago, assnolax said:

Am I understanding correctly that their bullet feeder will be a combo feed and seat die? Has that been done before? 

I would say that is the case when in the video he claimed that was the thing they were to most proud of in regards to the press.  

Interesting. That lee setup looks like it's only for lee presses.  Wonder if the frankford setup is an improvement on the mr bullet feeder/daa setup that can be adapted to any press.  I feel like I'm all in on the Dillon platform but this could tempt me.

1 hour ago, assnolax said:

Interesting. That lee setup looks like it's only for lee presses.  Wonder if the frankford setup is an improvement on the mr bullet feeder/daa setup that can be adapted to any press.  I feel like I'm all in on the Dillon platform but this could tempt me.

Just an observation . The dies in the video are Lee. ( At least appear to be)

Edited by AHI

9 hours ago, 36873687 said:

At that price just have for dedicated caliber 

That's sort of what I was thinking. For the price of an 1100 conversion you could buy another FX10. The question I would have is if the price point comes with a conversion or if they are just going to nickel and dime me to death.

I suspect the press is a better value over  the dillon.

it has some 'sneaks' in there  you need to get a second decapping die.

and they show the usual not really optional item that a casefeeder happens to be.

I did not see a clear option for the expander die...

They need to offer a caliber kit for us to know how many nickels and dimes are required.

the swage option is what has my attention.

miranda

11 minutes ago, hiker88 said:

Does anybody know the warranty policy of FA on their reloading press?

I believe this applies to all of their products including presses.  So have to keep your receipt from FA or authorized vendor to even be eligible and doesn't look like it would cover the wear and tear items.  Hope they get a decent pipeline for spare parts for users to order.

image.thumb.png.5bcf7dce3a0f0df8306ff68d6d3f67f8.png

The only position where there is a problem is the dropper which does not work correctly, we must add rubber bands or springs on the dropper (it should be steel on all models)

It existed on the international GSI model, a bullets distributor cylinder.

19 hours ago, cjmill87 said:

I believe this applies to all of their products including presses.  So have to keep your receipt from FA or authorized vendor to even be eligible and doesn't look like it would cover the wear and tear items.  Hope they get a decent pipeline for spare parts for users to order.

image.thumb.png.5bcf7dce3a0f0df8306ff68d6d3f67f8.png

Thank you! Not as good as Dillon’s but at that price and features...if the press works, it’s something to consider. I was thinking of getting a 750 but this new press offers a lot more. 😉

the 650/750 is rather unlikely to ever have a swage option....

the 1100 I watched drops the dies...  so the dropping die  can push the case onto the primer pocket swage die.

I assume there is a sturdy spring to push the case off the primer swage die...

didn't see that bit...

miranda

Edited by Miranda