Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Timney Glock Trigger

3gunDMD

1 hour ago, 12glocks said:

It looks novel in its approach to a trigger return spring at least.  I will be interested to try one.  I have run $40 TTI kits not finding a marked improvement on other triggers.

I've tried the TTI kit and a Johnny Glocks trigger.  Big difference between the two but the Johnny glocks was quite a bit more expensive.  

Having run numerous different trigger bars, flat shoes, hand fit connectors and even short pined ejector housings and can say design and craftsmanship go a long way on improving the factory Glock trigger.  With a factory trigger bar, vertical extension and cruciform there's a lot of hand polish and finesse needed to get a superior end product.  

Based on the website pictures I would suspect the pre/over travel and break should be better based on design.  Curious why they kept a stock style vertical extension shape.

At that market price i'd be tempted to give one a try.

--BF

10 minutes ago, Bfrisk72 said:

Having run numerous different trigger bars, flat shoes, hand fit connectors and even short pined ejector housings and can say design and craftsmanship go a long way on improving the factory Glock trigger.  With a factory trigger bar, vertical extension and cruciform there's a lot of hand polish and finesse needed to get a superior end product.  

Based on the website pictures I would suspect the pre/over travel and break should be better based on design.  Curious why they kept a stock style vertical extension shape.

At that market price i'd be tempted to give one a try.

--BF

Timney usually sponsors SMM3gun in March so I'm hoping they' ll have a demo unit to try at the match.  

1 hour ago, JBP55 said:

I find it hard to believe their trigger will reduce the trigger pull weight almost 3# without some serious spring changes.

I was wondering what it would be with a 4# striker spring.  Or is there is issue using as lightened striker spring/  A 3 pound trigger pull with a full power striker spring is an interesting cocktail. 

It's looks pretty innovative compared to the rest of the Glock trigger market.  It looks like the trigger bar pushes down on the sear.  I'll be interested to see if it translates to real world improvement.  I've dropped upwards of $300 on a "custom" Glock trigger and it was nice but I found a good light connector and striker spring was 95% as good at a fraction of the price.  

Interesting design, very different than any other Glock trigger I've seen.  Looks like the sear keeps the firing pin fully cocked so don't have to pull firing pin further back with the trigger; that'd certainly help lighten the pull.  But I'm done spending that much on aftermarket triggers.  A new connector and a few springs is good enough for me.

4 hours ago, Southpaw said:

Interesting design, very different than any other Glock trigger I've seen.  Looks like the sear keeps the firing pin fully cocked so don't have to pull firing pin further back with the trigger; that'd certainly help lighten the pull.  But I'm done spending that much on aftermarket triggers.  A new connector and a few springs is good enough for me.

That was my understanding too. So it is no longer a "safe action trigger" but a "single action trigger" without a manual safety. Is that a good thing?

The vast majority of striker fired guns besides Glock are single action with fully cocked firing pins so that's not necessarily a bad thing.

It looks like all the safeties could still function, as long as it still has enough pre-travel. But it looks like the drop safety might still only prevent trigger bar movement. With a separate sear I wonder if there's anything besides spring tension holding sear in place if dropped? I can't tell that from the video.

Is Shane still shooting for GLOCK? I found it sorta weird that he was promoting an aftermarket trigger, if he is in fact still their "hired gun". They tend to frown on any employee promoting the idea that ANY part or assembly is 'better' than factory-original.

I’m pretty happy with my Zev trigger, but this one is actually different design than all the other glock triggers, so I just ordered one. I’ll post some detailed pics and findings when I get it.

Edited by tt350z

1 hour ago, ima45dv8 said:

Is Shane still shooting for GLOCK? I found it sorta weird that he was promoting an aftermarket trigger, if he is in fact still their "hired gun". They tend to frown on any employee promoting the idea that ANY part or assembly is 'better' than factory-original.

I guess you haven't seen the guns Team Glock shoots. There's not much stock about them 😀

Oh, I've seen them alright. Up close. And you're right.

But this is different as it's a stand-alone replacement product that says it's better than the factory assembly. That's historically a no-no with management and they get stressed about employees supporting such claims. 

4 hours ago, ima45dv8 said:

I wondered the exact same thing when I watched the video 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 6:23 AM, rooster said:

If the sear keeps the firing pin cocked, I wonder if the other 2 safeties are compromised?

No, trigger safety and firing safety plunger both remain fully operational 

On 1/20/2021 at 2:07 PM, 3gunDMD said:

Timney usually sponsors SMM3gun in March so I'm hoping they' ll have a demo unit to try at the match.  

They are sponsoring SMM3G once again for 2021. I can ask them about having a demo unit on hand.

On 1/20/2021 at 6:48 PM, JBP55 said:

I find it hard to believe their trigger will reduce the trigger pull weight almost 3# without some serious spring changes.

It indeed does, with a standard factory 5lb connector.

With a factory “-“ 3.5lb connector pull we measured pull weight at 2.25lb.