Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Staccato P guide rod?

Practicalomaha

Running a cut down Wolff 10lb w/ factory guide rod on a project Staccato i'm working on. Also running a Wilson shock-buff.
Felt better with the 10lb than the 9lb, but it's all subjective. 

I don't see why you would want to change the guide rod itself. 

UZtsdeD.jpg

22 hours ago, Avedis said:

Running a cut down Wolff 10lb w/ factory guide rod on a project Staccato i'm working on. Also running a Wilson shock-buff.
Felt better with the 10lb than the 9lb, but it's all subjective. 

I don't see why you would want to change the guide rod itself. 

UZtsdeD.jpg

more curious about people’s choice in recoil springs and their success. As for the guide rod just see if any is running something that I have not seen before. 

what steel grip are you running and how much fitting was required? It looks great. 

I would guess that most people haven't strayed from the 3 pack of guide rods that came with the gun. I measured the length of the springs that came with the gun, bought a few different weight Wolff springs, and cut them down. In terms of functionality, the gun will function fine with 9lb or higher. I'd recommend buying a 9lb 10lb 11lb, and 12lb Wolff spring and testing them out to see which you like the most in terms of feel.

The grip is a PT EVO. It actually went on with no modification, but there was too much tension at the top of the grip. Little bit of fitting to the top of the grip, and the whole area above the trigger. Not too bad, but it was my first time doing it so I really took my time.

Edited by Avedis

On my 2019 Stac P, I'm running the Dawson Tool-less Guide Rod along with Dawson's assorted 3 pack of springs.

Like Trace, I can't tell a whole lot of difference in the yellow or green springs with my standard reloads......

DP Spring Pack.png