Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag pouch setup for CDP (1911 in 45)?

erwos

It looks like I'm going to be shooting more IDPA this year, and even better[1], with a 1911 in 45. What's the best bet for a mag pouch setup for CDP?

[1] "better"

Edited by erwos

I am undoubtedly in the minority here, but I have found the inexpensive KYTEX (not a misspelling) single mag carriers work best for me in not only IDPA competition, but in daily carry as well.

They are (as stated) inexpensive, of high quality, and normally available on a reasonable schedule.

They hold the magazines firmly, stay on the belt without slipping or sliding around, and because they are single carriers, allow the wearer to place them on each side of belt loops, allowing for more flexibility in positioning., 

They allow easy access for rapid magazine deployment, and I have never had a magazine come out of the carrier during competition, or getting in and out of my truck, Jeep, or UTV.

I have them for my 1911's, CZ Shadows, Glock G43, and CZ 75 Compact.

Highly recommended.

Yep, the simpler kydex, single pouches are best for idpa. There is no real clear front runner as so many of them are good. Just buy ones that are specific to 1911 mags versus ones that require spacers. And definetely single pouches versus a pair doubled up.

On 1/16/2021 at 8:12 AM, rowdyb said:

Yep, the simpler kydex, single pouches are best for idpa. There is no real clear front runner as so many of them are good. Just buy ones that are specific to 1911 mags versus ones that require spacers. And definetely single pouches versus a pair doubled up.

I don't shoot SS that much, but I prefer the ones with the spacers, Cr speed to be exact. I like the additional space from the belt that the spacer creates. Another benefit is that if you decide to shoot a double stack division you can still use what you have.

4 hours ago, Bwenning said:

I don't shoot SS that much, but I prefer the ones with the spacers, Cr speed to be exact. I like the additional space from the belt that the spacer creates. Another benefit is that if you decide to shoot a double stack division you can still use what you have.

Those won't work for IDPA