Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ S2 trigger job

Twin4uf

I have been a member on this forum for a while, but first post. Been soaking up the knowledge from this crew and already thankful for my membership. 

I am in the market for a Carry Ops set up and have been researching different CZ S2 trigger jobs. Been looking mostly at the big boys: Cajun Gun Works amd CZ customs. I have seen some claims for really good results (like 6 lb DA, 2ln SA) by just changing the springs from M Carbo. 

Anyone have first hand experience with the differences. Would love to have the lightest, yet reliable set up. Appreciate any info you can offer. 

I bought my Shadow 1’s from CZ Custom with all their goodies installed and tuned trigger job.  DA 6 lbs, SA around 2-2.5 lbs.  However on my Shadow 2’s, out of the box they were pretty good, so all I did was drop in a 11 lb hammer spring, trigger return spring, lightened firing pin spring, and added the extended FP and floating trigger pin.  Played around with the 10 and 11 lb recoil spring, settled on the 10.  All parts from CGW.  I shot it that way for a few thousand rounds then did some light internal polishing.  End result was a 6 lb DA and 2 lb SA, very smooth all the way thru the pull in DA.  

Down the road I may swap out the OEM hammer, but honestly I’m pretty happy with the OEM hammer.

What he said^^^

I too have a SP-01 Accushadow with a full CZC trigger job I had built for CO.  I also have a box stock Shadow 2 I use for 3 gun.  While the trigger on the SP-01 is amazing the factory S2 is still really nice.  I am planning to do the upgrades 2morechains listed above this winter to my S2.

You can't go wrong with CZ Custom or Cajun. They both do amazing work and will return a reliable trigger.

I've read mixed reviews of the MCarbo kit, but haven't seen one in person, so it's all just internet comments.

Also there is CJ Maven who does incredible work tuning these guns.

I've had guns done by CJ, CZC, and CGW.  All have been great and reliable.

I can't recommend CJ Maven enough. He does great work much faster than either of the other two choices. He uses CZ Custom parts and achieves amazing success at a lower cost. So far he has worked on 3 S2's  and a SP01 for me. I could not be happier. 

He is on this forum, FB and has a web page. Located in Conway AR. He won't disappoint you