Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS2

eerw

1 hour ago, FALAR said:

I had two of the latest "2019/2020 model" TSOs that updated the safety, mag release, and trigger guard.  Both had the same unblended magwell seen in this thread and elsewhere.

You must have good luck.

I'll take another look and I'll take some pictures.  I could be off base for sure.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Yoseppy said:

I’m going to ask a really dumb question here... what mags are used for the tso and the new ts2 I’m looking to add one of these and when I looked at cz mags frankly I was left confused..

Uses TS 9mm mags

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still trying to understand how CZ can make a pistol they build for limited division yet has non adjustable rear sight, unblended magwell, and you cant find one in 40cal. IMO this almost missed the mark as bad as the DWX. Only difference is this one actually made it to market. 

The saddest part is you can go spend $800 on a RIA hicap, and get everything I listed as bad on the TS2 in the gun and save about $500. Even RIA can blend a magwell. 

4 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

I'm still trying to understand how CZ can make a pistol they build for limited division yet has non adjustable rear sight, unblended magwell, and you cant find one in 40cal. IMO this almost missed the mark as bad as the DWX. Only difference is this one actually made it to market. 

The saddest part is you can go spend $800 on a RIA hicap, and get everything I listed as bad on the TS2 in the gun and save about $500. Even RIA can blend a magwell. 

I do agree about the magwell, but the gun is built for IPSC standard class and they use 9mm. not the USPSA 40 cal major PF. 

If i had to guess, it will be coming in 40 at some point.

5 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

10 years people try to explain it to them. Probably a long way from a hammer and chisel to a blended magwell. 

They should be forgiven, because probably no one in CZ  wants to understand English.😉

3 hours ago, yigal said:

10 years people try to explain it to them. Probably a long way from a hammer and chisel to a blended magwell. 

They should be forgiven, because probably no one in CZ  wants to understand English.😉

😁

10 hours ago, yigal said:

🤣🤣🤣

On 2/2/2021 at 7:13 AM, Andy9 said:

I do agree about the magwell, but the gun is built for IPSC standard class and they use 9mm. not the USPSA 40 cal major PF. 

If i had to guess, it will be coming in 40 at some point.

1. IPSC Standard and USPSA Limited both require .40 to make major. You can't make major with 9mm in Standard. Around here you'll never see someone shooting Standard minor competing for a team spot. It's just not competitive.

2. Standard is a division, not a class.

16 hours ago, DirtyDeltas said:

1. IPSC Standard and USPSA Limited both require .40 to make major. You can't make major with 9mm in Standard. Around here you'll never see someone shooting Standard minor competing for a team spot. It's just not competitive.

2. Standard is a division, not a class.

I stand corrected.

Just handled one in a LGS, and gotta say.....REALLY like it.  I never liked the thin aluminum grips on a regular Shadow or Shadow 2 because of frame width, but on a TS Blue that I had before I did, and on this they also felt great.  Sharper checkering like on S2 and TS Orange are a huge improvement over the waffle-checkering from before.  Trigger break was light but not disturbingly light like on some earlier TS.  It also pointed much more naturally for me than either an S2 or the TS Blue I had before.  Also for some reason I didn't feel as bunched up by the CZUB magwell on this as on the older-style TS.  Everything seemed to fit nice right out of the box.

I want one.

But if there was ever a time when it made LESS sense to get it, in 9mm along with spending another $250 or so on magazines, it's now.  I had to call the store guys dirty names to get them to throw me out before I pulled out my wallet.

On 2/2/2021 at 2:24 AM, Bakerjd said:

Not sure if this has changed with the newer models but on my original TS all I had to do was get a new barrel, extractor, and mags in 9mm, and after fitting the barrel I could go back and forth between .40 and 9mm depending on my game (and ammo situation). My favorite pistol for ages between 3 gun and Limited. 

2 hours ago, Shootingaggie said:

Handled one yesterday. The one I tried had a terribly long (for a TSO) trigger reset. 

Well this is the entry level gun, the TS replacement.  It isn't meant to be on par with the TSO.

The TS2 Bronze is the new top of the line version with hand fitting, better trigger, etc.

4 hours ago, FALAR said:

Well this is the entry level gun, the TS replacement.  It isn't meant to be on par with the TSO.

The TS2 Bronze is the new top of the line version with hand fitting, better trigger, etc.

At that price point, you’re much better off finding a TSO if that is the case. 

11 hours ago, Neomet said:

Not sure if this has changed with the newer models but on my original TS all I had to do was get a new barrel, extractor, and mags in 9mm, and after fitting the barrel I could go back and forth between .40 and 9mm depending on my game (and ammo situation). My favorite pistol for ages between 3 gun and Limited. 

I have a TS slide in .40 fit to an SP01 Shadow frame (essentially making it a long-slide Shadow CTS) in which I also run a 9mm barrel.  With the SP01, .40 and 9 share the same magazines as well, so it really can just switch calibers easily.  So that's nice when I want to shoot major in Limited.  Also have another of the same slide with an optic, so it makes a cool gun for steel/plates and knockdown in 9mm.

4 hours ago, Shootingaggie said:

At that price point, you’re much better off finding a TSO if that is the case. 

Agreed, as this new 'standard' TS2 was going for the same as you'd get a current TSO, and the TS2 doesn't have the thumb rest/optic riser feature.  But the TS2 did feel a bit better in my hands.

Edited by MoRivera

Gah. It’s pretty, but I wish they had left the dustcover profile alone. The continuous curve of the TSO is, IMO, a rather more interesting aesthetic... handled one in LGS the other day; trigger felt pretty similar to a TSO I’d handled elsewhere, but grip shape and feel were a bit different. 

Was hoping they’d have the TSO replacement level model out soon too, mostly so I could get a TSO somewhat cheaper...

4 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

I still dont get why the need for the TS2. The TSO is/was a very nice pistol. I've often had to tell myself no when I've seen one at the LGS. And I still might pick one up.

Having the same issue here. There’s one in particular I keep stopping to visit when I’m at the range, but can’t quite bring myself to do it.