Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer ejector not ejecting primer

5 minutes ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Or buy you one of these...You will not have a problem again.....SUPER product and a great company.....Their inventory flips over a lot so they may be out of stock today and back in stock a few days later......Watch the videos on this decapping tool and you will want one...Will also sends a three extra pins with each die in case you ever break one...

https://fwarms.com/shop/reloading/pre-order-fw-arms-primer-popper-auto-case-centering-decapper-deprimer/

So how do you size the case in one station?

This is not the fix.

On 1/12/2021 at 6:49 AM, JDIllon said:

I have 1050 and it seems that primers are being pulled back into the primer pocket?

Using Dillon sizing / Decapping die. 

The first response to your question is the one which works. However, I would recommend you search this forum before asking a question. This one and many others have been addressed in the past and there are a multitude of things people have done to improve their reloading experiences.

I will add this answer for your question; polishing the pin also helps.

Enjoy

1 hour ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Since he has a 1050 he has available stations. He can de-prime in station 2 with the FW Arms die and re-size in the swage or priming station using the re-sizing die without the decapping pin in it as a hold down die for either station....

Many people use this same exact process when processing and loading on 1050’s and 1100’s....

just saying that is not the answer to the question and will add that when i posted this question you had answed  two different threads the same.

Making my self  and a few others thank you are just advertising  for FW Arms.

When I find a product that works, and by the way I learned abouT FW Arms right here on this site, I tend to share what has worked for me, and others...I have no affiliation with FW Arms and was only trying to help this forum member in this thread just like I was the other forum member in the other thread....

I have learned so much from this forum members and had no “hidden agenda” in providing the information and links. I apologize to you AHI and the OP for posting my earlier comments and recommendations. I have removed my posts in this and the other thread....Again my apology to anyone if my comments were viewed to be misleading or were considered to be a violation of this forums rules....Mark

• 10 months later...

I found a easy fix for the primers sticking to the pin……The dillion decap die has one size pin for small and large primers…..the pin is TOO FAT…..it’s .075 diameter, So I put the decap pin in a drill press and used a smooth file to gently reduce the tip one quarter of a inch to a diameter of .055…….The last step is to polish the tip with 1000/1500 grit wet sand paper…..Dillion tech support was no help and simply said the trouble was with “MY RELOADING COMPONENTS “!!!!  I think the people that made Dillion a great company have retired and left the building……

21 hours ago, Porkey said:

I found a easy fix for the primers sticking to the pin……The dillion decap die has one size pin for small and large primers…..the pin is TOO FAT…..it’s .075 diameter, So I put the decap pin in a drill press and used a smooth file to gently reduce the tip one quarter of a inch to a diameter of .055…….The last step is to polish the tip with 1000/1500 grit wet sand paper…..Dillion tech support was no help and simply said the trouble was with “MY RELOADING COMPONENTS “!!!!  I think the people that made Dillion a great company have retired and left the building……

you might want to check your math...