Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA RO certification

3 hours ago, Ted Murphy said:

Thats a good reason for charging a nominal fee. People are more likely to show up if. 

Agreed, though why not charge a fee but give a full refund if they pass the course.
That’s an incentive to show up and to pass.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

Agreed, though why not charge a fee but give a full refund if they pass the course.

That would lead to RO’s expecting an incentive to recert every year. And let’s face it, a GOOD, experienced RO is more valuable than an FNG. 

2 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

nothing. Except its a lot of work to keep track of when people get their test results back. MD’s are volunteers too. 

plus in my case, the class I hosted last year was nearly all shooters from other clubs. That would be difficult to explain to the club’s board why I paid  back people who do not help out at my club. 

Edited by Ted Murphy

I think there's more both sides can do to incentivize  shooters to take the RO class. Our Local Club, the Brazosland Pistoleros, is scheduling a Level 3 associated seminar. USPSA covers part of the cost of that with NROI. The club will also reimburse anyone that takes the class if they work the Area 4 Steel Challenge match. That's in addition to the standard RO package (Entry, Stipend, Shirt, Lunch, Brass etc.). 

I agree that USPSA should provide a more significant investment in training staff. Ideally I'd like to see a policy of, upon request, a club may receive 1 free RO seminar every x years for up to y shooters. Spitballing I'd like 5 years, 20 shooters but you get the idea. That would go a heck of a long way for providing incentive for clubs to support USPSA and USPSA to give back tangible benefits to the club. 

6 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

I think there's more both sides can do to incentivize  shooters to take the RO class. Our Local Club, the Brazosland Pistoleros, is scheduling a Level 3 associated seminar. USPSA covers part of the cost of that with NROI. The club will also reimburse anyone that takes the class if they work the Area 4 Steel Challenge match. That's in addition to the standard RO package (Entry, Stipend, Shirt, Lunch, Brass etc.). 

I agree that USPSA should provide a more significant investment in training staff. Ideally I'd like to see a policy of, upon request, a club may receive 1 free RO seminar every x years for up to y shooters. Spitballing I'd like 5 years, 20 shooters but you get the idea. That would go a heck of a long way for providing incentive for clubs to support USPSA and USPSA to give back tangible benefits to the club. 

That is a great idea. We need forward thinking that embraces new and exciting concepts to see growth within the organization, especially in these challenging times. 

On 4/7/2021 at 9:58 PM, Ted Murphy said:

Thats a good reason for charging a nominal fee. People are more likely to show up if. 

The guys that were running them had no interest in charging a fee as it was all local, it had been suggested but wasn't acted on. May well happen in the future to see if it works.

We don't run RO courses as a club thing they are all run by our NROI, no one gets paid as I said its all locals that attend the students do the travelling to the seminar.

Our National chief does travel to the other states and runs them there but not sure how that works but I'd assume his airfares/ travel is paid for and his accommodation may well be with hosts rather than hotel. 

Edited by terrydoc