Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not the kind we all do with our fired casings, but I have a large item that can't go in any kind of tumbler that has both the blue green effluence on it along with the general haze brass gets when it sits around for a while.  I would like to clean it all off and make it look shiny new again but haven't had much luck yet.  I tried the blue Dillon polish you use in a corn cob tumbler and it was a mild help.  I found things like Brasso, but they all contain ammonia, which I was told is bad for brass.  THe only other thing I could come up with is a polishing wheel with jewelers rouge.  Anyone have any other suggestions.  Thanks

Adam

21 hours ago, George16 said:

Soak it in a bucket of Koolaid and then polish it with  Neverdull. We used that trick to clean, remove the verdigris and polish all brass firehose stations onboard the ship prior to inspections.

yellow bug juice was always preferred! on a large item, especially something that isnt containing pressure like firearm brass, never dull or the other normal brass polishes wont hurt anything. i agree its bad for reloading brass, but for others, have at it.

Thanks for the info.  It appears the commonality is citric acid with all the suggestions.  I have some Lemishine from the wet tumbling I do for the shooting brass and can use that.  is it a soak or do you polish the piece with a solution?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...