Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newish from Florida!

arcsign

Hello! I recently returned to Florida after spending a couple of years in the northeast... visited my parents and went shooting outdoors for the first time.

(Prior to moving up north I went to the indoor range every couple of weeks; I bought an XD 40 just before I moved, but left it here because I was moving relatively frequently and didn’t want to deal with the variations in laws across four or five states.)

The outdoor range just kind of clicked for me, especially the steel targets, and I figured I’d get a rifle, pistol, shotgun, and get into 3 gun (once the plague settles down)... long story short, my plan to get a reasonably priced rifle, inexpensive shotgun, and unreasonably priced pistol faltered, and I ended up building an exceptionally nice rifle and nothing else, yet.

That’s fine, though. One of the things I’d been doing up north to amuse myself was a bit of backyard marksmanship learning with a CZ air rifle, chrono, notebooks, calculator, dozen types of pellets, and a lot of reading. Got the hang of it after a while, but now it’s been a few years and I’ve forgotten most of it; currently enjoying the process of getting back into it.

I’ve been using the Enos forums and SH as references while building and tuning my rifle over the last couple of months... so... you know... first time poster longtime lurker. Hoping in the near future to get a pistol and, eventually, to get out to some USPSA or similar events.

Other than that... I do software stuff for a living, and, under more normal conditions, I’d likely be planning for ski race season rather than trying to decide how far I want to go on 3gun or maybe precision rifle or USPSA or...

Anyhoo, nice to meet you all, hopefully I’ll have useful things to contribute at some point!