Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So I have a lower, what next?

Having only shot PCC for a few months, I'm looking for some advice. I have a Ruger PCC I started with. Then I found a MBX and really like it. It is light weight and runs great. The Ruger runs good as well but is pretty heavy compared to the MBX. It nice to have a backup and I want it similar to the MBX. This leads me to my questions.

I would like to put together my own PCC now. A Lead Star lower is what I have to start with. Where should I go from here? Specifically what parts would work with my new lower to complete a reliable, flat shooting eway to handle PCC?

Thanks is advance.

I'd go with a Leadstar upper and bolt, because not everything fits together nicely.  I like the Blitzkrieg buffer and Hiperfire trigger.  I swapped the 16" barrel for a Wiland LLW barrel to lighten and also so I would not gain so much velocity with my pistol loads.  Taccom also makes a shrouded barrel.  I happen to like the Strike Industries buffer tube.  It is Commercial sized so it will take the Blitzkrieg short stroke adapter.  The smaller ID mil spec tube will take the buffer, but not the adapter.  I prefer safeties that only require 45 degrees to turn on or off.

21 hours ago, midvalleyshooter said:

Having only shot PCC for a few months, I'm looking for some advice. I have a Ruger PCC I started with. Then I found a MBX and really like it. It is light weight and runs great. The Ruger runs good as well but is pretty heavy compared to the MBX. It nice to have a backup and I want it similar to the MBX. This leads me to my questions.

I would like to put together my own PCC now. A Lead Star lower is what I have to start with. Where should I go from here? Specifically what parts would work with my new lower to complete a reliable, flat shooting eway to handle PCC?

Thanks is advance.

Buy whatever the best PCC shooter is using.  MaxL/brekke stuff is nice and light.  idk what BCG or buffer he uses. 

22 hours ago, midvalleyshooter said:

A Lead Star lower is what I have to start with. Where should I go from here? Specifically what parts would work with my new lower to complete a reliable, flat shooting eway to handle PCC?

As mentioned, a Lead Star upper would be the best way to go.  They have VERY tight tolerances so matching someone else's upper to your lower could present problems.  After that, it depends on how much you want to spend.  Lots of carbon fiber and titanium parts are available so pulling together what you want for a barrel length (full size or short barrel with a shroud) is the next decision.   That impacts other parts such as your bolt carrier group and buffer system.

This is the blue carbine built on a match set from Lead Star.  It runs very well and is very light.

Best of luck,

BC

Blue_Carbine2.jpg

mid, you can go to Leadstar's website, click on one of the Prime PCCs and read about every part that goes into them.  Alternately, you can talk to Donnie at Stage Zero Shooting Supply.  He sells Leadstars at a discount, plus all the parts.  He equips his own shooting team, so he is expert on what works well with Leadstar uppers and lowers.  Bear in mind that parts are hard to get today, so he may hoard them for his complete builds.  It is worth giving him a call.  He is my go-to guy for anything PCC.  https://www.stagezeroshooting.com/