Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HPS Les Baer 9 major

WFargo

Yeah, so...   really nothing 'special' to mention...

Just wanted to show off this old lady. 😊

Real happy with her....   
I'm actually a Classic Shooter, but I'm afraid this one is gonna drag me over to the dark side...

(if it's ever gonna be possible to go to the range again, here in the Netherlands.... )

It's a HPS Custom ( built by Hans-Peter Schäfer in Germany) in 9mm. 

HPS 2.jpg

HPS 1.jpg

Hahahaha! it for sure IS a Langezaal special!!! :)   He made the mount for the RTS 2, the stove-pipe slide racker, anodized the Dawson magwell to match the mount, and a few other things to make her running great again!

It's become sort of a standard thing for me... as soon as I get a new gun, it's eventually going to Langezaal Custom Works for him to work on... 

The last four I bought were all worked on by him. 😬

Great guy and great gunsmith.

On 1/2/2021 at 9:41 AM, WFargo said:

Yeah, so...   really nothing 'special' to mention...

Just wanted to show off this old lady. 😊

Real happy with her....   
I'm actually a Classic Shooter, but I'm afraid this one is gonna drag me over to the dark side...

(if it's ever gonna be possible to go to the range again, here in the Netherlands.... )

It's a HPS Custom ( built by Hans-Peter Schäfer in Germany) in 9mm. 

Whats the process of getting a handgun over there? Is it a nightmare? 

Well, first of all, a squeaky clean criminal record and a membership of a shooting club. If the board of directors and the trainers find you safe and skillfully, you are allowed after one year of membership to buy a .22 LR pistol or a .22 bolt action rifle. Again a year later and with at least 18 registered visits to the range, you are allowed a pistol or revolver in large caliber and a heavy caliber bolt action rifle. Again a year later, step three, you are allowed to own a semi automatic rifle. You are allowed to own a total of 5 firearms. For pistols/revolvers max. caliber is .45 (including .454 casull, 45-70 etc.), so a DE in .50 AE is a no go. except for blackpowder. Max. for rifle is 8mm. , so for instance; .338 Lapua is a no go. So you best stick to .30 calibers.

Every year you have to renew your permit. You get a big background check and you have to have at least 18 registered visits to the range (and actually have shot! Not just came by for a drink at the bar)

there are so many rules, i’ll just mention some highlights for you to get a impression .

You have to have 2 safes; one for your guns and one for your ammunition. G&A always must be kept separated. Only the permit holder may have entrance to the safes. G&A need to kept in the safe all the time. Except when; you go to the range, you have to clean, have to take the gun to a certified gunsmith or have to visit the Police with the gun at their request.

You are allowed to keep 10.000 rounds. A primer also counts as a round. So for instance; I have a box of 1000 primers, I can only have 9000 live rounds.

you get unannounced house visits from the Police, to check everything is in order and kept in the safe.

For reloading you need a special permit in order to keep gunpowder.

Each weapon you own is registered on your permit by means of the serialnumber.

SBR’s , snubnose revolvers, semi automatic shotguns and full auto are prohibited. 
Our guns are without exception used for sports or hunting. In no way for protection. So us Dutch shooters are mostly interested in sportshooting, terms as concealed carry, stopping power etc, are no criteria for us. 
We, as legal gunowners, are very closely monitored by the Government, every little misstep can lead to loosing your permit. Like a speeding ticket. 
It is hard to obtain a legal firearm here, but not impossible. You just have to accept you live in a glass house.

There’s a lot more to it, this is just the tip of the iceberg. If you like to know more, do ask.

So to get yourself a 9mm ; be a choirboy, 2 year membership of a gunclub and constantly a cop breathing down your neck.

Edited by Phoenix1977

18 minutes ago, Phoenix1977 said:

Well, first of all, a squeaky clean criminal record and a membership of a shooting club. If the board of directors and the trainers find you safe and skillfully, you are allowed after one year of membership to buy a .22 LR pistol or a .22 bolt action rifle. Again a year later and with at least 18 registered visits to the range, you are allowed a pistol or revolver in large caliber and a heavy caliber bolt action rifle. Again a year later, step three, you are allowed to own a semi automatic rifle. You are allowed to own a total of 5 firearms. For pistols/revolvers max. caliber is .45 (including .454 casull, 45-70 etc.), so a DE in .50 AE is a no go. except for blackpowder. Max. for rifle is 8mm. , so for instance; .338 Lapua is a no go. So you best stick to .30 calibers.

Every year you have to renew your permit. You get a big background check and you have to have at least 18 registered visits to the range (and actually have shot! Not just came by for a drink at the bar)

there are so many rules, i’ll just mention some highlights for you to get a impression .

You have to have 2 safes; one for your guns and one for your ammunition. G&A always must be kept separated. Only the permit holder may have entrance to the safes. G&A need to kept in the safe all the time. Except when; you go to the range, you have to clean, have to take the gun to a certified gunsmith or have to visit the Police with the gun at their request.

You are allowed to keep 10.000 rounds. A primer also counts as a round. So for instance; I have a box of 1000 primers, I can only have 9000 live rounds.

you get unannounced house visits from the Police, to check everything is in order and kept in the safe.

For reloading you need a special permit in order to keep gunpowder.

Each weapon you own is registered on your permit by means of the serialnumber.

SBR’s , snubnose revolvers, semi automatic shotguns and full auto are prohibited. 
Our guns are without exception used for sports or hunting. In no way for protection. So us Dutch shooters are mostly interested in sportshooting, terms as concealed carry, stopping power etc, are no criteria for us. 
We, as legal gunowners, are very closely monitored by the Government, every little misstep can lead to loosing your permit. Like a speeding ticket. 
It is hard to obtain a legal firearm here, but not impossible. You just have to accept you live in a glass house.

There’s a lot more to it, this is just the tip of the iceberg. If you like to know more, do ask.

WOW. Good for you to jump through all the hoops to pursue your passion. Are the cops generally good-natured when they visit your house for an inspection, or do they treat you like a criminal? 

This is just a friendly reminder from the forum guidelines:

Restricted Content
Politics
Policy and political discussions or debates of any kind - even if you consider your opinions to be "facts" - are not welcome anywhere in the forum.
Specifically including (but not limited to):
• USPSA vs IPSC
• IPSC vs IDPA
• STI vs SVI
• Limited 10 vs Limited Division
• This Division vs That Division
• This Government vs That Government
• Gun Control Issues

WIthin the last year I've acquired a few silencers and, with this comes the possibility of a visit from the ATF. I dont know anyone personally who've had the pleasure of a visit but just by virtue of owning one gives them the right to inspect. 

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

This is just a friendly reminder from the forum guidelines:

Restricted Content
Politics
Policy and political discussions or debates of any kind - even if you consider your opinions to be "facts" - are not welcome anywhere in the forum.
Specifically including (but not limited to):
• USPSA vs IPSC
• IPSC vs IDPA
• STI vs SVI
• Limited 10 vs Limited Division
• This Division vs That Division
• This Government vs That Government
• Gun Control Issues

My bad Chuck.