Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75B SA safety does not hold open?

Max It

11,600 rounds. now safety doesnt hold open without a mag inserted.  And i cant remember last time i did a detail strip. is that it? 

or should i look elsewhere?

usually i note break downs but now that i dont do steel competition any longer i am left with a little indoor practice and a once a month Huntington Beach fun competition. Truth be told i no longer remember how i did the detail strip and tore this gun down.

much obliged,

Max

6 minutes ago, Bubbala said:

I do believe the mags hold the slide open. Mine won't stay open without one.

Lot of videos on 75 takedown and maintenance on line.good luck

Bubbala, i suspicioned that also. thanks for confirming. 

Angelo, i am going to skip the deep clean for now that i have been reminded that the 'hold open' is only with a mag inserted. although i can't remember the last time i totally disassembled the CZ75 i dont relish doing it right now. i will keep what you said about the bag. i have spare parts collected from just such experiences.

p.s. the range in Henderson free cleans one gun with each paid fee in their sonic cleaner. I may wait for that.

much obliged,

Edited by Max It

40 minutes ago, Max It said:

Angelo, i am going to skip the deep clean for now that i have been reminded that the 'hold open' is only with a mag inserted. although i can't remember the last time i totally disassembled the CZ75 i dont relish doing it right now. i will keep what you said about the bag. i have spare parts collected from just such experiences.

p.s. the range in Henderson free cleans one gun with each paid fee in their sonic cleaner. I may wait for that.

much obliged,

Yessir the trigger return spring is a pain in the butt when it goes flying especially if you have carpet like me lol. Thats pretty cool that your range offers a free sonic cleaning

Of course, hope all is well in the near future

Cheers