Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger MK3 Stock shortening need new recoil pad

ML123

I shortened my Stoeger MK3 stock and now have a gap between the recoil pad and stock.  It is only cosmetic but would like to get a spacer or a recoil pad that fits flush and wanted to see if anyone has done this and maybe has a part # to share. 

The stock is pretty easy to shorten and has the mounting lugs molded all the way down the stock.  The stock recoil pad is recessed and once you cut it you would have to cut the mounting lugs lower to get it to mount flush.  See pic.

BTW worked great sight comes right up and in line with my eye.  Going to shoot some clays tomorrow.

Stock 2.jpg

4 hours ago, Gunsnjeeps said:

I would start with Kick Eez, $30 to $40.  Wide variety of pre-made sizes.  I'd probably try cutting the mount lugs in the stock or sand off the back of the recoil pad.

Thanks they have what I was looking for.

If you want to use the original pad trim the lugs so the recoil pad will fit back into the stock, then “grind to fit” the exterior of the pad to match the lines of the (now smaller) stock. Any well equipped gunsmith can handle this, its not too much different that than fitting a new oversize recoil pad.