Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Single Stack magwell?

Unicorn187

I have tried the Dawson Ice (don't care for the insert)Spent the money on the SVI because I like the look and profile (Could not get it to tighten up properly) Like the Dawson IPSC but over all best I have is now the Limcat Magwell. Hands down best for me.

Does LImcat still make a SS magwell? I don't see it listed on their site. If you don't mind, will post a pic?

I'm considering a new SS build and am going to have a hard time moving away from the Dawson, I love the looks of the Stan Chen magwell but think I would miss the swell at the bottom of the grip that you get with the Dawson.

On 1/15/2021 at 12:20 PM, Bwenning said:

Does LImcat still make a SS magwell? I don't see it listed on their site. If you don't mind, will post a pic?

I'm considering a new SS build and am going to have a hard time moving away from the Dawson, I love the looks of the Stan Chen magwell but think I would miss the swell at the bottom of the grip that you get with the Dawson.

Limcat has a SS magwell? Interesting. Off to finding one.

3 hours ago, Unicorn187 said:

Ok, i’m down to the old Dawson Ice (same as my other 3 1911’s) or the infinity steel magwell. Anyone have any thoughts on weight issues if i go infinity for single stack division? It’s going on a .45. 

Going to depend on what guide rod setup you want. 

14 hours ago, Nc1911 said:

Jammer1911.   What does it weigh?  My DW PM9 just makes weight now with a Techwell aluminum

I am not sure the weight. Mine makes weight with plenty to spare. If you call Johnny and Julian I believe its available in steel or aluminum. Great guys to deal with.