Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

spacers for 2011 magazines

grujo

I figured that was the case. If you can find an STL file I should be able to print them. The STL file is the file format I need to send to the 3D printer. Beyond that you would need to know the exact dimensions, profile, etc and the thickness. Otherwise it would be guesswork and guesswork is not much use in a match. Cheers, Alan

50 minutes ago, quiller said:

I figured that was the case. If you can find an STL file I should be able to print them. The STL file is the file format I need to send to the 3D printer. Beyond that you would need to know the exact dimensions, profile, etc and the thickness. Otherwise it would be guesswork and guesswork is not much use in a match. Cheers, Alan

i am looking for blueprint(tech.dimensions) or 3d file,i also can print or cut on laser...but i searched web,no luck till now

• 2 weeks later...

Easier than trying to search them up would be just to redraw them.  There's nothing critical about them except they fit in the back of the tube and don't foul the slide rail on feeding.  Thickness would be OAL of a .38 Super minus the OAL of your 9 rounds.

• 2 weeks later...

The spacer in STI mags with 2 ribs on each side are to get the front of the short 9mm case out onto the front rib. Unless you are using not-19mm-long cases, there's only one spacer thickness you need. 

Beyond that if stuff is hanging up, it's likely because your bullet is dragging-- either at the front if really long OAL, at the front corners if it's a fatter bullet that doesn't clear them (why 10mm can be problematic in old mags) or sometimes at the mag catch notch.