Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr Bullet Feeder Questions

I load 40-38-357-45 on a 650.  I am considering getting a bullet feeder.  My question is, how long does it take to change from 1 caliber to another?  I usually load batches of 300 of each caliber.  Will the time it takes to change from one caliber to another cancel the advantage of the bullet feeder?

300 round batches IMO not worth it. Change to 1000 round batches its worth it. Once each tool head is set up with its bullet droper and you learn how to adjust .

It takes about 7-10 min to fine tune each bullet .

Edited by AHI

On a Mr. Bulletfeeder there are the droppers that you adjust or use different ones, like 9mm, 40, 45 each require different droppers. Now the collator needs to be tweaked for each bullet weight/profile. I had mine adjusted for 9mm 147 gr. RN bullets, had to tweak it a bit for 124 JHP and then again for 124 RN. 

If you’re only loading 300 rounds at a time, a bullet feeder isn’t going to save you that much time - especially after you add in the time/effort to do the caliber conversion.

If you absolutely have your mind set on a bullet feeder, consider a Mini Mr. Bullet Feeder with the correct dropper die left on the tool head for each caliber you load for.