Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry optics esp question?

Badluck2

2 hours ago, Badluck2 said:

So I plan on shooting some IDPA matches locally in my area next summer . I see that they have let optics in to the sport. So my question is can you also run a magwell ? 

Sorry if this is a stupid question🤦‍♂️

Here you go.  Now you can be sure about what you can or can't do to your pistol

IDPA Carry Optics Rules.pdf IDPA 2017_Rule_Book.pdf

2 hours ago, AngeloConde said:

This is going to sound really dumb. I know of IPSC and USPSA but what the hell is IDPA

It is a somewhat IPSC-ish shooting sport developed by Bill Wilson and chums who thought things could be more "tactical."

IDPA.com

https://www.idpa.com/clubs/?type=clubs&search_country=US&search_state=FL&search-location=Sarasota&search-radius=100&search-word=&search-id=&filter_submit= 

37 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

It is a somewhat IPSC-ish shooting sport developed by Bill Wilson and chums who thought things could be more "tactical."

IDPA.com

https://www.idpa.com/clubs/?type=clubs&search_country=US&search_state=FL&search-location=Sarasota&search-radius=100&search-word=&search-id=&filter_submit= 

Ahhhh thats pretty cool. So its like uspsa but solely for defensive and tactical applications im assuming.

37 minutes ago, AngeloConde said:

Ahhhh thats pretty cool. So its like uspsa but solely for defensive and tactical applications im assuming.

Not really.  It is just another action shooting sport with slightly different rules.

There is no Open Division, guns are pretty much equivalent to L10, SS, Production, and CO.  

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

I find it hard to believe you could be a member here and never heard of IDPA!!  

Well it happened lol I've only ever heard or uspsa and IPSC. Granted I dont shoot hardcore anymore and haven't shot for almost 2 years

5 hours ago, Jim Watson said:

Not really.  It is just another action shooting sport with slightly different rules.

There is no Open Division, guns are pretty much equivalent to L10, SS, Production, and CO.  

Thats pretty interesting never heard of it might be something to look into. Because let's say I get good enough to go to Nats aren't I competing with the open guys for overall

Edited by AngeloConde

• 4 months later...
On 1/1/2021 at 4:07 PM, AngeloConde said:

Thats pretty interesting never heard of it might be something to look into. Because let's say I get good enough to go to Nats aren't I competing with the open guys for overall

Possibly yes, if you mean shooting against shooters who also compete in another shooting sport with open guns. But, the equipment advantage would not be there in IDPA for the most part. ESP and CO are the exceptions IMHO.

On 1/1/2021 at 5:07 PM, AngeloConde said:

There is no overall National Champion in USPSA, or in IDPA for that matter