Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The great primer shortage of 2020 is about to end soon !!!


ysrracer
 Share

Recommended Posts

I think .48 cents per 100 is the cheapest I’ve ever seen on a sticker. Most that I used to buy were .65-.75 per 100. The LGS that we  bought our supplies from was always about .25-.50 cents less on primers and $1-$3 bucks less on powder than any other store. I sure miss those days....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy s**t!

Placed a backorder at Graf's for 10,000 Federal Match SPP's on 7/20/20... Got an email, called them, and they're on the way (normal pricing too, no up-charge)!

 

....Soon to be on the auction site for $1,000,000 + one's first born 🤪!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ck1 said:

Holy s**t!

Placed a backorder at Graf's for 10,000 Federal Match SPP's on 7/20/20... Got an email, called them, and they're on the way (normal pricing too, no up-charge)!

 

....Soon to be on the auction site for $1,000,000 + one's first born 🤪!


wow, maybe I should place a back order. I’m at 6 months usage and a case in June or July would be perfect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

We live in the world of the "gimme got a have it" crowd these days.

 

Only the newbie`s and whiners are causing these prices to keep climbing, because they cant help themselves.

 

If every person out there just plain stopped buying, everything would catch back up, and then they`ll lower the prices to move all the inventory they`re sitting on.

 

Ignorance is bliss. I woke up back when clinton first got elected. I wont pay for the greediness.

Edited by vince
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 1:12 PM, SnipTheDog said:

Ammoseek has a reloading search.  There's no large or small primers to be found in the realm at any price.  Never seen that before.

I was out running around today and ZERO primers found. I did manage to score a couple pounds of Winchester 296 powder. I normally use Hogdon H110, but this W296 will do just fine for now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 11:27 PM, vince said:

We live in the world of the "gimme got a have it" crowd these days.

 

Only the newbie`s and whiners are causing these prices to keep climbing, because they cant help themselves.

 

If every person out there just plain stopped buying, everything would catch back up, and then they`ll lower the prices to move all the inventory they`re sitting on.

 

Ignorance is bliss. I woke up back when clinton first got elected. I wont pay for the greediness.

I agree. It's the greed and hoarding that's accelerating this shortage. Along with those willing to pay exorbitant prices, keeps the greeders in business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got back into the club I was part of years ago, have a key to the range and a daughter who really likes this sport, and who’s cross-eye dominant shooting doesn’t seem to be slowing her down, yet lack of powder and primers has put a big damper on both of us. We really enjoy practicing together and have bonded as shooting buds. She’s even started looking for powder and primers online on her own. We’re eager to get back out. I sure hope that by fall we start seeing a return of product on the shelves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/7/2021 at 1:55 PM, JimmyZip said:

Finally got back into the club I was part of years ago, have a key to the range and a daughter who really likes this sport, and who’s cross-eye dominant shooting doesn’t seem to be slowing her down, yet lack of powder and primers has put a big damper on both of us. We really enjoy practicing together and have bonded as shooting buds. She’s even started looking for powder and primers online on her own. We’re eager to get back out. I sure hope that by fall we start seeing a return of product on the shelves. 

My middle daughter just recently got interested in shooting steel with me as well and has joined our local club.  She shot her first steel match today and didn't DQ....we were both very happy.

 

The primer and power shortage has slowed down our plans for a bit, but she mainly is interested in the rimfire pistol class and fortunately I did buy gobs of .22s last year before they seemed to evaporate.  Hopefully that can keep us shooting matches on a more limited basis until primers start showing up again.

 

If anybody in Northern CA wants to trade 1k of CCI BR-4 Small Rifle benchrest primers straight up for CCI or some other brand of Small Pistol primers....I'm willing to drive to a Starbucks parking lot.....

 

I have seen small batches of primers show up at our Gun Club shop, but unless you are there that day, the word gets out and they are gone pronto.  Anybody else seeing small batches of primers appear and disappear lately in your LGS?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

You can use small rifle primers in place of the small pistol primers.  I use Tula SRMP in 9mm, .45ACP and .223/5.56.  Load up a few and chrono them, usually won't raise the FPS more than a few and sometimes not at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

There’s some showing up on Ammo Seek now, but at .20-.25 cents a pop. Kind of a waiting game. The fellow that delivers power to some of the local trap shoots said he’s getting some powders but it’s taking time to get it. He heard that Hodgdon is going to go to one pound containers only. 

Edited by Farmer
Sp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...