Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet and PF most top PCC shooters use?

egd5

I'm experimenting with the 95 gr bullet from RMR and working up a really light load with titegroup. I'm at about 100 PF right now It cycles my gun (gmr 15 w/5 steel) so now I'm ready to start practicing with it. I wonder what the upper echelon of pcc shooters use at nationals, let's say gm level. I wonder what the winner used this year.

Edited by egd5

I'm shooting 100gr Berry's with 2.9grn of Clay's at 95.4PF. I use a Blitzkrieg buffer with an extra power .223 spring and a wave spring with a 1/4" spacer to short stroke the bolt. Very fast cycle, with very little recoil.

On 12/25/2020 at 7:51 PM, egd5 said:

I'm experimenting with the 95 gr bullet from RMR and working up a really light load with titegroup. I'm at about 100 PF right now It cycles my gun (gmr 15 w/5 steel) so now I'm ready to start practicing with it. I wonder what the upper echelon of pcc shooters use at nationals, let's say gm level. I wonder what the winner used this year.

I would suspect most of the top 20 aren't shooting a load that will function in a pistol.

11 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Kunkel comes to your matches at CASA, or he did.  Ask him next time you see him.

He hasn't been in a long while now. I keep hoping he would so I could do just that.

Hope all is well with you. Happy New Year