Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any advantage for buying CP2000 vs RL1100?

I have searched the forums but so far haven't found a satisfactory answer to my specific question.  I am looking to process high volume 223 more efficiently and currently use an RT1500 with 223 trim die, but have been considering getting the CP2000.  I guess the question is, is there anything specifically that the CP2000 does that I couldn't do with an RL1100 with my RT1500? If not, it seems to make more sense to get an RL1100 so that I can load on it as well. Am I missing something? 

I don’t think so.

The only thing different that I noticed with the CP2000 is the additional threaded hole on the toolhead where the primer station is located on the RL1100 due to the absence of the primer assembly. 

I went with the RL1100 because I can still process brass and also reload. I’m using a Bosch router with HB adapter for trimming brass. 

On 12/24/2020 at 8:24 PM, TriDoc said:

I have searched the forums but so far haven't found a satisfactory answer to my specific question.  I am looking to process high volume 223 more efficiently and currently use an RT1500 with 223 trim die, but have been considering getting the CP2000.  I guess the question is, is there anything specifically that the CP2000 does that I couldn't do with an RL1100 with my RT1500? If not, it seems to make more sense to get an RL1100 so that I can load on it as well. Am I missing something? 

You can swage in 2 different stations.  You have the option for the 3rd station (like the RL1000) or the 7th station.  So, if you're running automated you can run a pocket probe in the first swage station and swage in the the last swage station.  This and the non-existent priming system are the 2 big differences.