Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Since its release around the beginning of this year and up until now, there have been practically ZERO off the cuff reviews on the new Timney DH3 trigger. The trigger seems like it's targeted for the 3 gun crowd which is my main shooting discipline. I own a lot of premium triggers and to be frank, the DH3 offers nothing new to the table after dry firing it a bit tonight. If you've ever demoed or shot the Triggertech Diamond AR and/or the AR Gold, you're not missing much with the Timney. Other than a teeny tiny detectable amount of creep on the DH3, they are almost the same feeling. The AR Gold has the most creep of the three. The reset on the DH3 is very anemic just like the Diamond AR but is also VERY short. It's made to be slapped more or less in my opinion. You can't depend on the trigger to push your finger like the Hiperfire Competition or Eclipse. Not too far behind is the AR Gold. I consider the DH3, Diamond, and AR Gold on the same playing field. The "first stage" on the trigger is just a little play. I wouldn't even consider it a stage. Again, just like the Triggertech and AR Gold. 

So with that said, pick your poison. I'll run the DH3 at a few matches to see... 

Edited by 021411

13 minutes ago, TonytheTiger said:

Good to hear something about it. I recently got a TT Diamond for a precision rifle but for funsies I attempted to use it like a 3 gun trigger. No dice, I can't get used to the non existent reset force.

I did the same with the Diamond AR. Bought it for a precision AR and tried it for 3 gun. I wasn't used to working my finger versus letting the trigger push my finger like the Hiperfire or CMC 3 gun. I've gotten the occasional trigger freeze with the Diamond and AR Gold. I'm sure the DH3 will be no different. 

I still say for gaming purposes and if you have the spare coin, the Hiperfire Eclipse is the way to go. I've shot the Competition back to back with the Eclipse and prefer the Eclipse. 

8 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

I just can't get into the Eclipse for 3 gun. I like it in my PCC when it's all about close range splits though. Still thinking the Calvin Elite or Elftmann 3 gun are the top of the 3 gun food chain when you require speed and precision.

Forgot I briefly owned a Timney CE. Went through two different copies which none of them worked on my lower. Maybe the receiver (PWS) was out of spec just enough to cause issues with it. The trigger would occasionally double fire. I'm not talking about unintentional bump firing either. The trigger would release the hammer on reset. It almost felt like a binary doo hickey that some of the cool kids have on their rifles.  

I picked up an Elftmann Match off the prize table. It's fine but haven't shot a match with it. 

Edited by 021411

11 minutes ago, 021411 said:

Forgot I briefly owned a Timney CE. Went through two different copies which none of them worked on my lower. Maybe the receiver (PWS) was out of spec just enough to cause issues with it. The trigger would occasionally double fire. I'm not talking about unintentional bump firing either. The trigger would release the hammer on reset. It almost felt like a binary doo hickey that some of the cool kids have on their rifles.  

I picked up an Elftmann Match off the prize table. It's fine but haven't shot a match with it. 

I had the occasional double fire on my Hiperfire Eclipse at one point and also experienced a failure to reset. I ended up calling Hiperfire and they sent me two new (updated) hammer springs to replace the old spring. They were free replacements and I couldn’t be happier.

It’s been running great ever since.