Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question for Lefty's-have you noticed this?

Not a lefty on rifles, but had this happen to my right forearm when shooting around a barricade left handed and had either an out of battery shot, or casehead blowout. Lot of blood, but surprisingly didn't hurt.

Extractor pin sheared, extractor is probably what broke the skin, never did find it. Replaced the extractor, and gun was fine. Newer, AR15 style extractor on Taccom bolt.

AR9 OOB.jpg

I used to get burns on my right forearm from spent casing bouncing off when ejecting.  That's one of the reasons why I always wear the arm sleeves.   Not sure if that would have prevented your arm from getting blasted by the broken extractor tho

9 hours ago, Bdh821 said:

I used to get burns on my right forearm from spent casing bouncing off when ejecting.  That's one of the reasons why I always wear the arm sleeves.   Not sure if that would have prevented your arm from getting blasted by the broken extractor tho

I'm just glad it wasn't a 5.56 round. That would have left a mark...

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 7:18 AM, Bdh821 said:

South paws think alike. It's a Right hand dominated world and most of us find creative ways to go around it or 'what doesn't kill you makes you...'.