Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chiappa Rhino "Competition" Trigger Job


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Fishbreath said:

Man, is that a cool-looking gun from the hat cam. Once again, I sure do wish they made an 8-rounder.

 

I'm always torn on the aesthetics. I think it's objectively ugly, but I like how it looks because it truly is form following function. I guess it's the same reason I think things like obnoxious hood scoops and bolt-on splitters are attractive on race cars (but less so on Honda Civics...).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doge said:

Good on you for shooting it at a match though! Awesome. 

 

Thanks! They're my main gun at this point - used one in IDPA Regionals last year, slated to use them again this year in IDPA Regionals, ICORE Regionals, USPSA CO State Championship, and Border Wars (4" for IDPA, 5" or 6" for everything else; still playing with both of them until I settle on one I like more). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, matteekay said:

 

Thanks! They're my main gun at this point - used one in IDPA Regionals last year, slated to use them again this year in IDPA Regionals, ICORE Regionals, USPSA CO State Championship, and Border Wars (4" for IDPA, 5" or 6" for everything else; still playing with both of them until I settle on one I like more). 

You need to shoot a match with my 625

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, matteekay said:

 

Bring me ammo and I gun and I'll happily use it. Hell, I might have to buy a 625 if small primers don't turn up soon.

Why I never sold my 625!  I can at least practice with it or shoot major in USPSA or L6 in ICORE.

 

Like to keep my options open!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, pskys2 said:

Why I never sold my 625!  I can at least practice with it or shoot major in USPSA or L6 in ICORE.

 

Like to keep my options open!

 

Warren and I have discussed making a Rhino into a 10mm if things get desperate enough... Right now, 10mm brass is about as hard to get as primers, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Why I never sold my 625!  I can at least practice with it or shoot major in USPSA or L6 in ICORE.

 

Like to keep my options open!

 

I didn't get my 5" 625 until a month after the 8-shot rule change. I love shooting major at local matches, I wish I could go back and start shooting USPSA earlier.

 

4 hours ago, matteekay said:

 

Warren and I have discussed making a Rhino into a 10mm if things get desperate enough... Right now, 10mm brass is about as hard to get as primers, though.

 

Do you have a Rhino in .357? I have older loading data that shows major loads that would fit in a .38 special case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, PatJones said:

Do you have a Rhino in .357? I have older loading data that shows major loads that would fit in a .38 special case.

 

 

Not anymore, alas. All .40's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, matteekay said:

 

Warren and I have discussed making a Rhino into a 10mm if things get desperate enough... Right now, 10mm brass is about as hard to get as primers, though.

Might be if you had 45 acp brass, LPP's and a 40 Revolver you could get an extra 40 Cylinder and ream it out to 400 corbon?

I had built a 1911 in .400 corbon after the turn of the century.  They are usually SPP's and I have a lot of brass, but you can form 45 acp brass and I have quite a lot of Nickel Brass that I formed into 400, so I could easily ID them from the normal 400 brass.  Did it because I had an excess of 45 brass and 40 caliber bullets and LPP's.

Also have a 625 that when I get bullets for can load them for Revo.  Already have several k's that can be used.

Saving my last few thousand of Fed 100's for Revo only!

I am praying for relief, searching, scrounging, begging and praying for Fed SPP's!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...