Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 broken take down lever in gun

Gen

Anyone have suggestion on removing this.  Currently I plan on setting up in a mill and either drilling 2 holes on the right side and using 2 pins to turn what remains of the lever or just milling a slot to use a flat blade screwdriver.

tdl1.jpg

tdl2.jpg

32 minutes ago, kujo929 said:

Pull guide rod forward with plyers/vice grip and then knock out remaining piece of takedown lever

10 minutes ago, Robertwil18 said:

Pin/pry the guide rod slightly forward and punch the rest out.  

I'll give this a shot.  Many hands at work here.  I'll also need to move the take down safety lever back before I can push it out.

2 minutes ago, Silver_Surfer said:

I know you didn't ask this but Isn't this covered by warranty?

GoGuns lever, may be under warranty?  Haven't heard back yet.  Regardless, I probably wouldn't send it away, I haven't reached the end of my rope yet.  :)

Twist it to its proper removal position before you try to punch it out. Will be much harder if you don’t. To handle the takedown safety lever, just put what’s left of the takedown lever back in and twist that. I’ve broken so many of these now that it’s a 2 minute procedure. The first time was the worst though. 

5 hours ago, kujo929 said:

Pull guide rod forward with pliers/vice grip and then knock out remaining piece of takedown lever

I just had this happen last week and this is how I got it out. I didn't realize this is apparently a not so rare breakage. I ordered a new one and received it in 5 days. I tried calling to see if it was covered by warranty , but could never get through.

3 hours ago, BillChunn said:

The **Generic thumb rest** is a bit more than $15.... Plan ahead.  Have backup parts in the gun bag.

BC

It is more $$, and it breaks more often. If you're using the gogun lever it's more like replace every 5k rounds 

Edited by Rich406

10 minutes ago, Gen said:

You just might be.  I only had mine for just under 3 months, maybe 4-5K rounds.

What bullet weight and power, and how much force you exert on the Gogun lever can effect how long it lasts. The fact that you are putting pressure on it, is why it lasts so much less than the OEM lever.

• 4 weeks later...