Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 OR recoil spring questions

Bakerjd

What are the go to recoil spring for the stock 2? I'm 95% a 1911/2011 guy and picked up a stock 2 so I can mess around in CO. Had Patroit Defense do their trigger work and stuff and Joe mentioned that I'll need to tune the recoil springs to my ammo. That's not a big deal.as I'm used to doing that anyways. Should I go with their tuners pack? I also found taylor tactical has recoil springs as well as wolff. What LB springs should I try out? I run 124gn bullets and 131PF. Normally loaded by NC Shooters supply but lately a friend of mine. I can get his load data if needed. Or if anyone has sone good load data I'm game to try it. This is also my first venture into reloading. 

Patriot defense did us a good service by color coding the springs that they sell. Get a kit and find out what your stock2 likes then get a couple of the springs that it likes and use them as they wear out. My stock2 likes the 8 pound spring with 137 pf 9mm 125g bullets. 

On 12/30/2020 at 11:30 AM, waktasz said:

I like a 10 in my Stock 2 but currently using an 11 in my Stock Master. I don't like the 8 or 9 that some people suggest. 

Interesting.  What is the weight of the stock recoil spring? And currently I'm trying to decide between the 8 and 9lb springs. But I think I'm still breaking in the pistol as Joe at PD said it takes about 1k rounds for them to be truly broken in. The 10lb was also good but has a couple failures to fully eject. Slide would close on the case. 

On 12/30/2020 at 10:30 AM, waktasz said:

I like a 10 in my Stock 2 but currently using an 11 in my Stock Master. I don't like the 8 or 9 that some people suggest. 

I found myself in the same camp. I liked my Stock 3 best with a 10 pound spring.

I also found that the gun had extraction issues (empty case didn’t clear port) until I fixed them with Wolff’s billion-pound extractor spring.

Thanks guys. PD put the upgraded extractor spring in and also beveled some stuff on the breach face I believe. I definitely like the stock 2 over the shadow 2. Especially with the PD aluminum grips. Going to go shoot it some more sunday hopefully. 

• 2 months later...