Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 97B race holster?

Bakerjd

Does anyone know of a race holster that will fit the CZ 97B? Being as L10 is really not a thing anymore and people who do shoot it use a 2011 anyways nobody lists the 97B as a pistol that would fit. I'm hoping someone here might know if one would work. Would need to be left handed. Thanks.

On 12/21/2020 at 12:31 AM, Bakerjd said:

Does anyone know of a race holster that will fit the CZ 97B? Being as L10 is really not a thing anymore and people who do shoot it use a 2011 anyways nobody lists the 97B as a pistol that would fit. I'm hoping someone here might know if one would work. Would need to be left handed. Thanks.

It looks to have the same trigger guard shape as the 75b. I don't have one to test but I would guess any race holster that fits the 75b will fit the 97b. You could try emailing DAA and ask if their 75b insert for the Alpha-X will fit the 97b. 

2 hours ago, regor said:

It looks to have the same trigger guard shape as the 75b. I don't have one to test but I would guess any race holster that fits the 75b will fit the 97b. You could try emailing DAA and ask if their 75b insert for the Alpha-X will fit the 97b. 

Good idea!

• 4 months later...
On 12/21/2020 at 3:31 AM, Bakerjd said:

Being as L10 is really not a thing anymore

Why not use it for Production?  Easy peasy to make PF with some seriously soft shooting loads.

If CO had stayed at 10 rounds, it would also be a contender.

1 hour ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Why not use it for Production?  Easy peasy to make PF with some seriously soft shooting loads.

If CO had stayed at 10 rounds, it would also be a contender.

45acp and very soft shooting? Ohh really?

1 hour ago, Bakerjd said:

Nicely weighted gun with a 230gr bullet moving at right around 580FPS to make minor with a little cushion.  Very soft shooting.  

1 hour ago, Bakerjd said:

Really

Cowboy action shooting doesn't have a PF, quite the opposite in fact.  They have a max muzzle velocity for the approved cartridges.

The 45 Long Colt loads used in that game are almost pellet gun like in recoil.  Obviously revolvers don't care about lack of recoil, so you might have to find the right combination of MV and recoil spring rate to make a semiauto work.