Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blackstone Grills ?

I ran across a small table-top Blackstone Grill this weekend, the model 1650. The griddle surface is only 17" wide but large enough to cook for 2 - 4 people. It was discounted to $34.99 at a surplus store so I thought I would take a chance. I have always seen and wanted the larger models, but always struggled with pulling the trigger and thinking about the solid surface being outside, without a cover. This little one is easy to take in and out of the house, take it along car camping, or to a tailgate party, and stores easy with the griddle upside down on the top. I had some little propane bottles sitting around for other things, started with that, but will buy a longer hose/adapter/regulator for the larger 20 lb tanks. The first cooking this evening was a success, and the clean up was super easy.

Anyone else use Blackstone grills?

20201220_163056_resized.jpg

Edited by ts199982

Well Santa was good to me, I ended up getting the full size 36" model. From the reviews, many people love them. I like the little one so far, have done eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, burgers and hot dogs. I find cooking on the lowest setting seems to work best. Not sure I will put the large one together until this spring. 

20201225_122043_resized.jpg

22 hours ago, dfwmiket said:

We have a 22" and use it all the time. Love it.......especially in summer to help keep heat out of the kitchen and cook outside. 

-Mike

I think the 22" model has two burners? My 17" is just a single U shaped burner, works OK, but if I had to settle with just one grill, I think I would want the two burner model. 

Glad to hear you like it!