Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC / Practical for the disabled

Myles

I don't actually know anything from first hand experience ... but ,obviously, the usual accessibility considerations come into it.

I imagine that "my" club range would have issues: soft sand that a wheelchair can get stuck in and uneven grass areas. At the shotgun ranges that we've used for our Level 2 matches, there'd be steps up and down from concrete platforms and somewhat steep slopes in the uneven grass areas. Some ranges that I've gone to have steep pieces of dirt road on the way from one stage to another.

Thanks for replying I'm not disabled myself but have had enquiries from people in wheel chairs ask if there are facillities 

for them to learn and compete my club is looking at the infrastructure we will have to provide and budget for.

There are a fe clubs that provide ISSF type of match but no one that has practical matches. 

Myles

There might be organisations in Australia that deal with accessibility for the disabled. If that is not convenient, you could just ask a disabled person to come and see what sort of issues he/she would have on the range as it is now.