Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Starting a SCSA affiliate at Howell Gun Club

Lakehouse2012

Hi All,

I love shooting steel so much, I decided to go "legit" and get my local club setup and running.  I've got all the equipment in and our first match be 27DEC2020 at the Howell Gun Club, in Howell Michigan.  It's probably the wrong time of year to start, but we do have enclosures at each action bay, with propane heaters...

I'll be looking for answers to questions I have with hooking up practiscore to the SCSA site and how do I get the scores back to SCSA for official documentation?

Thanks,

14 hours ago, BillChunn said:

How many stages are you setting up? 

Match fee? 

Can multiple divisions (guns) be shot in the match? 

Price for 2nd gun?

PM sent.

Thanks,

BC

Hi BC,

Bob registered 2 guns earlier today, I spoke by phone with him this morning.

I'm setting up 5 stages on 3 bays for the first event, 2 bays will have a VERY fast reset.  (All stages will be SC)

Did I mention that we have bay-side parking, shelters on every bay and propane heaters in every shelter? :)

Yes, multiple guns can be run in this event.

$15/first gun, $5/every additional gun.  Coffee and Hot Chocolate served.  I'll work on food in future events... 

BTW- The club has 5 action bays, if the interest is there, I can setup stages on all 5 bays simultaneously

Chris

Edited by Lakehouse2012

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 9:31 PM, Lakehouse2012 said:

The matches are going good, 3rd one will be 24JAN21.  There are 7 spots left:

https://practiscore.com/howell-gun-club-steel-challenge-winter20-match-3-clone/register

100% a great match, and great atmosphere! We had a good time at the 2nd match. Myself, Krystal, Brandon, and Renlin. The heated little tents are awesome! Match went very smooth for just starting out with the tablets and practiscore.