Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drama in the PRS world

bockerSV

What a joke of a "sport"..............

This seals the deal for me

All ND's are a match DQ at the finale and most other 2 day matches.

Any shooting sport that does not take NDs seriously (and by seriously I mean instant DQ from the match no matter what match it is) is a joke.  PRS and all the shotgun sports are right at the top of the list.

1 hour ago, SGT_Schultz said:

What a joke of a "sport"..............

This seals the deal for me

Any shooting sport that does not take NDs seriously (and by seriously I mean instant DQ from the match no matter what match it is) is a joke.  PRS and all the shotgun sports are right at the top of the list.

THIS 

5 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

You mean like USPA ? doesnt even call ND's what they are , and lighting off a round when you dont mean to is just AOK unless it meets a narrow set of criteria.

2 hours ago, Joe4d said:

You mean like USPA ? doesnt even call ND's what they are , and lighting off a round when you dont mean to is just AOK unless it meets a narrow set of criteria.

Yeah, we have objective criteria to rule from.  It's a fundamental principle of having rules to play by.

If you want subjectivity, go play IDPA.  Or PRS, where even more f*#kery seems to be the norm.

I seriously don't understand why you're here.  You hate USPSA.  You hate that more people are getting into the sport.  You haven't shot a match in years.  Are you even a USPSA member?

That was pretty tame as far as SH drama threads go. They have that same exact thread a couple times a year. Slightly different theme but its the same discussion with the same people saying the same things. Then nothing changes and in six months it starts again.

If it gets to 10 pages and a PRS official chimes in it'll get entertaining.

Whenever I think the Enos forum is too polite and strictly moderated I only need to spend five minutes on Snipers Hide to be reminded of how petty grown men can be. And if you want proof of the Napoleon complex and elderly incels.... 

Good deals on optics though, a lot of them are insane and flip their gear every month. 

Edited by Frankly

10 minutes ago, Frankly said:

Whenever I think the Enos forum is too polite and strictly moderated I only need to spend five minutes on Snipers Hide to be reminded of how petty grown men can be. And if you want proof of the Napoleon complex and elderly incels.... 

Good deals on optics though, a lot of them are insane and flip their gear every month. 

110%

I listened to the PSR part. My take away is to order GAP pennical before PRS does away with the production division and GAP starts charging $4k+ for that rig. Looks like a hell of a gun compared to the others in the line up at half the price and has same accuracy guarantee... 

All that drama and hate over a division with 8 whole shooters in the match??? I like a good argument, but that is a tempest in a teapot if you ask me. More people choosing to yell at each other than shot the division or will ever be edged out of their mid-pack finish by someone with a one-off. Then again, it is SH....

Just like in USPSA, and IDPA is kinda figuring out. Equipment divisions are best left to blatantly obvious changes. As folks will game snot out of the others OR you end up needing a full time Abby from NCIS, to examine guns.   And really unless something drastic, it really is the indian.

Optic / no optic

compensator/no compensator

weight

size,

mag capacity

power factor.

anything else is pretty much a waste of time and meaningless to a score sheet OR impossible to enforce.

Even if I wasn't such a poor, I'd not ever do PRS because it sounds horribly toxic. It seems like the most blatant money-grab of any shooting sport and that's saying something.

BTW, I found it interesting how Doug Koenig and Ruger are at the center of this drama.

11 hours ago, Twinkie said:

BTW, I found it interesting how Doug Koenig and Ruger are at the center of this drama.

Maybe that's why those f**-ers haven't sent me my ruger custom shop doug koenig model 1911 yet. *#$#%!   They need to stop the drama and build my gun. (I won the certificate in a match back in july and sent it in immediately).

1 minute ago, motosapiens said:

Maybe that's why those f**-ers haven't sent me my ruger custom shop doug koenig model 1911 yet. *#$#%!   They need to stop the drama and build my gun. (I won the certificate in a match back in july and sent it in immediately).

Man, that's awesome! I saw all the Team GLOCK er Team S&W er Team Ruger peeps with those Koenig guns at SS Nats and they looked pretty cool.

20 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Even if I wasn't such a poor, I'd not ever do PRS because it sounds horribly toxic. It seems like the most blatant money-grab of any shooting sport and that's saying something.

Not toxic at all.  It is just a really expensive game to play.  Nothing more, nothing less.

On 12/24/2020 at 10:40 PM, Twinkie said:

I try to limit my social media participation in any shooting sport. They all have their drama and crybabies, but if you just go to the matches and shoot and leave it all at the range you might not ever notice.

There does seem to be more online drama centered around PRS but it's not nearly as bad while actually shooting the match.

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2020 at 6:58 PM, Tom Freeman said:

Not toxic at all.  It is just a really expensive game to play.  Nothing more, nothing less.

I shoot a lot of PRS locally and make the two day "national" shots. I think you get this toxic crap in every sport and every practice. Its not just PRS. I have shot a couple USPS where the squad leader had complete double standard and even made excuses why he could be at the "safe" table with a belt full of ammo and mess with his gun. The winner of that shoot was for ZERO dollars and people just as sweaty for the notoriety!! 

Just saying that crap is everywhere. some places more than other but you can't blame the establishment, unless its SNIPERSHIDE!!! 🤮

4 hours ago, Stjs45 said:

I shoot a lot of PRS locally and make the two day "national" shots. I think you get this toxic crap in every sport and every practice. Its not just PRS. I have shot a couple USPS where the squad leader had complete double standard and even made excuses why he could be at the "safe" table with a belt full of ammo and mess with his gun. The winner of that shoot was for ZERO dollars and people just as sweaty for the notoriety!! 

Just saying that crap is everywhere. some places more than other but you can't blame the establishment, unless its SNIPERSHIDE!!! 🤮

As long as you aren't handling the loaded magazines, no excuses needed for having a belt full of ammo at the safe table while you 'mess' with your gun, it is perfectly within the USPSA rules.