Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 9mm follower

Onepocket

I recall seeing a while ago some company offering a low profile follower they said allowed an extra round to fit in mag. But I believe it was 3D printed and there were bad reviews for it. Don't remember name of company.

I can get 23 reloadable in some mags with regular follower. Try swapping mag extension onto a few different mag tubes. Sometimes a different tube makes a difference in getting last round to fit.

I don't remember seeing slimline followers and even then, that would likely mess with anti-tilt and how the bullets stack in the magazine. I tried shaving down a follower for a .40 mag and that messed with bullet stack. I only barely got it back to a working shape.

For 9mm extensions I can get 23+1 using Henning pads on a gen 5 mag and no changes to the follower.

On 12/18/2020 at 7:22 AM, Onepocket said:

Do they make a low profile follower that will allow 23 rounds reloadable in an extended magazine. Anyone with any real life experience using it? Thanks.

I can't get 23 reloadable with my TTI but honestly, I don't think 23 vs 22 will ever come into play at a match. I would definitely sacrifice one round on my reload for reliability. 

• 1 month later...

I can get 23 in Gen 3 and 5 mags with TTI base pads.  I've started 23+1 several times without issue.  I use Dawson base pads on the same gen mags, downloaded to 20, anytime I need to reload.

The TTI base pads on my mags had to have 0.010"-0.015" removed to fit the gauge.  It was easy to do with a belt sander, but it hurt sand off the anodizing.

On 2/14/2021 at 7:16 PM, cferree said:

I can get 23 in Gen 3 and 5 mags with TTI base pads.  I've started 23+1 several times without issue.  I use Dawson base pads on the same gen mags, downloaded to 20, anytime I need to reload.

The TTI base pads on my mags had to have 0.010"-0.015" removed to fit the gauge.  It was easy to do with a belt sander, but it hurt sand off the anodizing.

Another benefit of Arredondos, you don't lose sleep if you have to sand them down to fit the gauge...