Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2020 Florida sectional PCC

6 minutes ago, gerritm said:

I am a lefty and unless there is an advantage I tend to run right to left only because the the PCC naturally faces downrange. I really don't have to think about it when going around walls or obstacles. Left to right I have to make sure where it is pointed.

gerritm

I agree completely.  But if the start position is at the left side of the bay, I’m not gonna run to the other side to do it in reverse. I’ll just have to incorporate muzzle direction while doing my walk thru and execute it accordingly.  

Agree with both of you guys (gerritm & bdh821) right to left seems easier especially for muzzle discipline. Start positions often dictates stage plan. Shot my first major this year and was the only pcc and lefty on a squad with a dozen or so shooters and it was a pain during walk through, just wanted to see what others were doing. Thanks!

15 hours ago, mxj23 said:

Agree with both of you guys (gerritm & bdh821) right to left seems easier especially for muzzle discipline. Start positions often dictates stage plan. Shot my first major this year and was the only pcc and lefty on a squad with a dozen or so shooters and it was a pain during walk through, just wanted to see what others were doing. Thanks!

Problem I have found is that most MD's are right handed and tend to set stages up that favor righties especially pistol. I have run across several stages that you literally couldn't shoot a target left handed without switching shoulders, but would not have been any problem for a right handed PCC or pistol shooter. 

The good thing for me is due to an eye injury I shoot PCC left & pistol right so I am used to seeing the stages from both directions and planning.

gerritm