Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2020 Florida sectional PCC

So I knew this would be asked and should have addressed it already. On my first stage brief, the start position of pcc was gun loaded safety on pointing down range. I asked Manny Bragg, “stock on belt?” And his reply was something along the lines of  “there’s nothing in the stage brief stating that. It only says pointing down range”. 

So essentially everyone shooting pcc was aiming at their first target. I do not agree with the start position, but knew everyone else was doing the same thing. If you look at the extreme GM fb page, you can see 3rd person video of another shooter doing the same with pcc. 

On 12/15/2020 at 11:58 AM, George16 said:

Great shooting. Congrats on your win!

14 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Great shooting! So smooth

11 hours ago, jnr88 said:

Wonderful year of shooting. Congratulations.

14 hours ago, sdrr72 said:

Nice video.  I wish I could run my MPX that well.

Thanks!  Much appreciated!  This was a really really fun match! 

1 hour ago, mxj23 said:

Thats about what I'm shooting out of mine, 142ish, seems to make the mpx run well

The way I see it is, my gun is a gas gun. Give it gas. I shoot 115s around 1220fps which has shown to run the gun well. I’ve never had to reshoot as the timers always can hear me. My brass gets tossed about 15’ if it doesn’t hit my right arm (lefty problems) whereas 147 people have brass barely dribbling out of the ejection port. 

if it ain’t broke, don’t don’t fix it. Gun runs. So just keep running it the way I am. 

7 hours ago, Bdh821 said:

The way I see it is, my gun is a gas gun. Give it gas. I shoot 115s around 1220fps which has shown to run the gun well. I’ve never had to reshoot as the timers always can hear me. My brass gets tossed about 15’ if it doesn’t hit my right arm (lefty problems) whereas 147 people have brass barely dribbling out of the ejection port. 

if it ain’t broke, don’t don’t fix it. Gun runs. So just keep running it the way I am. 

Agreed. I had a special MPX load that was right at 141 or so which ran perfectly in mine.

10 hours ago, mxj23 said:

I feel you there, I'm a lefty myself, do you generally run the same stage plans as right-handed shooters? Sorry for all the questions! 

If there's no advantage of running it like a right, I'd shoot a stage right to left.  If there is an advantage, I'll shoot left to right.

1 hour ago, Bdh821 said:

If there's no advantage of running it like a right, I'd shoot a stage right to left.  If there is an advantage, I'll shoot left to right.

I am a lefty and unless there is an advantage I tend to run right to left only because the the PCC naturally faces downrange. I really don't have to think about it when going around walls or obstacles. Left to right I have to make sure where it is pointed.

gerritm