Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer issue is getting scary~


chgofirefighter

Recommended Posts

It is worse than the OBAMA years, that was a long dry spell 8 years of get it when you can.  Small pistol, I shot magnum rifle, match rifle, all brands, what ever I could find except Tula. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had good luck with Tula primers, still have quite a few srmp that I use in 9mm/.45ACP( small primer Fed cases)/.223/5.56.  Worst thing about them is you can't get them anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Steve RA said:

I've had good luck with Tula primers, still have quite a few srmp that I use in 9mm/.45ACP( small primer Fed cases)/.223/5.56.  Worst thing about them is you can't get them anymore.

Agreed. They WERE great primers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

back during one of the other shortages I bought alot of wolff primers for  13 per k..

They were not great primers,,, kinda hard and hard to seat,,, I mean they went bang, but needed some UMPF to seat and a good strong wack to set them off.

Still have 10k sealed SPP if anyone is desperate enough to pay $200 per K around Richmond VA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Joe4d said:

back during one of the other shortages I bought alot of wolff primers for  13 per k..

They were not great primers,,, kinda hard and hard to seat,,, I mean they went bang, but needed some UMPF to seat and a good strong wack to set them off.

Still have 10k sealed SPP if anyone is desperate enough to pay $200 per K around Richmond VA

I’ve got some of these as well.  If I get down to these things are bad 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brownells had an epic dump of CCI 450s around 5:05AM west coast time, first time in a long time. I checked out around 5:20AM, but my order got cancelled b/c not enough for allotment. It was kind of disappointing b/c brownells did NOT set a limit and they had 5k ones in stock so probably everyone bought a whole load of them to scalp on gun broker. Sad times.... oh well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/17/2021 at 7:52 AM, CocoBolo said:

It is worse than the OBAMA years, that was a long dry spell 8 years of get it when you can.  Small pistol, I shot magnum rifle, match rifle, all brands, what ever I could find except Tula. 

Yeah I agree as well, I remember scrounging for 22LR at the local Walmarts every morning on my days off, there was a line of 20 guys in our area, whom we subsequently saw each other at the next Walmart just trying to scrape by for 22LR. Was absolutely crazy during the Obama era; but, I was able to stock up on primers back then but I remember they would run out super quick... but not as quick as now, and I don't remember gun broker scalpers being this bad either back then... unfortunately I took 3 years off from shooting to focus on family and didn't keep up with hoarding. Now that I want to make a comeback....doh. Nada.... disheartening for sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 4:19 PM, mvmojo said:

I'm a dumbass for not buying 100K of them, but I'm not enough of a dumbass to continue to buy them if they weren't any good!  I've shot close to 50K of them and can't recall a time when one didn't go bang.

Thought I was crazy for buying 100k cci spp primers in February of last year. Best decision I’ve mad in awhile. With that said I have enough to last for awhile. That was added to what I already had. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dirtchevy841 said:

Thought I was crazy for buying 100k cci spp primers in February of last year. Best decision I’ve mad in awhile. With that said I have enough to last for awhile. That was added to what I already had. 

Yep. For me the new "OUT" is 50k

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good to see Powder Valley post regarding "banning some people for life" . The whole Cozy deal is trying to beat the bots. Apparently some of these guys had programs where they were ordering 100K at a time and it going through until PV caught on...you know those all ended up on gunbroker...anyways, good to see a company step up and try stopping the resellers so their regular customers might get some products..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, falconpilot said:

Good to see Powder Valley post regarding "banning some people for life" . The whole Cozy deal is trying to beat the bots. Apparently some of these guys had programs where they were ordering 100K at a time and it going through until PV caught on...you know those all ended up on gunbroker...anyways, good to see a company step up and try stopping the resellers so their regular customers might get some products..

 

Wow....

 

But also how did they know which one were bots?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I heard it was their shipping programs that alerted  them to the fact that a larger amount of primers where going to same addresses time and time again...you knows how hear stuff though...those customers had apparently been warned before over placing multi orders...PV finally give them the boot..as regards to the bots, I've not sure on that...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, GunBugBit said:

This shortage will go on for a lonnnngggg time.  Once availability ticks up, those who swore they'd never fail to stock up again will keep supply drained.

For little while, and once they're stocked it should return to normal-ish. 

I think prices will lower but not to pre-Covid/whatever levels. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GunBugBit said:

This shortage will go on for a lonnnngggg time.  Once availability ticks up, those who swore they'd never fail to stock up again will keep supply drained.

Whose to say those aren't the people currently keeping the supply low? It's hard to tell what stage we are in, once I start seeing 12 gauge back on the shelves I'll know we at least turned the corner....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't kept the supply low but when Bruno's gets small pistol primers, I'll be buying all I can get.  I can afford as many as Lester will sell me.  So if you want 'em from Bruno's, you'll have to beat me to 'em.  I'll then be one of those jerks keeping supply low.

Edited by GunBugBit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ghost21 said:

So whats the update on the ginex primers, did the deal go off without a hitch or did it fall though?

 

They have to re-apply for a permit:

"As stated in the last update, I have had to reapply for another import permit with the ATF through my broker.  This process takes at minimum 8 weeks, during which time I am waiting for the approval and am given zero update from the ATF or any other agency.  This is now a waiting game and without anyone providing me with any updates, I have no updates for any of you at this time. "

 

Refund was made without any problem and within a couple days I had my money back, lesson learned from my side. Sounded too good to be true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yesterday I found a source for 10K primers.  Seems a friend gave up shooting for motorcycling and is just sitting on them.  He asked me if I needed them.  I may just have to take him up on it and sell them to my local friends that are having such a hard time getting primers of any kind.  Some are Wolf, Tula, Winchester...

 

I no longer shoot centerfire, only my .22s for Steel Challenge but if I can help a few of my buddies to get over this crunch I think I'll take him up on his offer.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2021 at 4:45 AM, AzShooter said:

Yesterday I found a source for 10K primers.  Seems a friend gave up shooting for motorcycling and is just sitting on them.  He asked me if I needed them.  I may just have to take him up on it and sell them to my local friends that are having such a hard time getting primers of any kind.  Some are Wolf, Tula, Winchester...

 

I no longer shoot centerfire, only my .22s for Steel Challenge but if I can help a few of my buddies to get over this crunch I think I'll take him up on his offer.

 

You are a good person 👍🏾

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...