Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3D Printable Glock Dry Fire Clip

Michael303

I modeled this Glock dry fire clip a while ago but just got around to posting it to Thingiverse so I thought I'd share it here too. 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4682886

There are a few other neat things posted in my Thingiverse account too like Dillon anti-wobble pins, a Glock magazine base pad remover, a sight pusher and a few other handy things.
Enjoy!

1265001959_w7FS3qx-Imgur.jpg.011e27c58f2ee7590a4ce655ec1fac32.jpg1328583585_IwNgykl-Imgur.jpg.c79eaeedb6d9533c81177c5d18173933.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Kokeman said:

Thanks for the STL. Took about 9 minutes to print. It works in my gen 3, gen4, and both V1 and V2 poly80.

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. I haven't had the chance to try it in anything but my Gen 5.

9 hours ago, Michael303 said:

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. I haven't had the chance to try it in anything but my Gen 5.

It's a very quick print, I printed your armorer's plate as well. Hoping to try them out this weekend.

And man, I just got my 3d printer and it's nice to print stuff for like 10 cents.

1 hour ago, Intheshaw1 said:

It's a very quick print, I printed your armorer's plate as well. Hoping to try them out this weekend.

And man, I just got my 3d printer and it's nice to print stuff for like 10 cents.

Yeah my printer sat in the box for a year because I didn't think it would be all that useful.  Since I got going with it though I end up using it all the time and it has more than paid for itself.  I just printed a brass sorting bucket last night. 

1 hour ago, Michael303 said:

Yeah my printer sat in the box for a year because I didn't think it would be all that useful.  Since I got going with it though I end up using it all the time and it has more than paid for itself.  I just printed a brass sorting bucket last night. 

Which version and does it work? I've had my 2 printers running 10 plus hours a day printing some useful things and some random things that I found online. They pay for themselves pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, Michael303 said:

I've had a printer for a year now. I print all kinds of useful stuff shooting related. Just finished a bullet feeder for my Dillon 550.

11 minutes ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Which version and does it work? I've had my 2 printers running 10 plus hours a day printing some useful things and some random things that I found online. They pay for themselves pretty quickly.

I just tried it on a bag of brass I picked up this weekend and it worked surprisingly well. It's a lot faster than I was expecting. 

Here's the link:  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2913237

18 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: My son printed me off some these as well. It works better than the paper clip trick. I am using it on a Gen 2 17 and a Gen 3 34. Thanks, Eric

Great!  I'm glad you're enjoying it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michael,

Thank you for sending these... 

Installed in my G44 (Gen5), it doesn't seem to change anything... It doesn't seem to fit correctly (the tab that runs inside the slide seems to be too long), which I think is an issue with the rimfire slide. 

Installed in a couple different Gen 2 G22s (OEM triggers), it kind of works...  The trigger never breaks, but simply comes all the way back and goes forward again.

That ain't right, is it?  It's supposed to allow the trigger to actually "break," and then break again and again? 

47 minutes ago, Bimmer said:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for sending these... 

Installed in my G44 (Gen5), it doesn't seem to change anything... It doesn't seem to fit correctly (the tab that runs inside the slide seems to be too long), which I think is an issue with the rimfire slide. 

Installed in a couple different Gen 2 G22s (OEM triggers), it kind of works...  The trigger never breaks, but simply comes all the way back and goes forward again.

That ain't right, is it?  It's supposed to allow the trigger to actually "break," and then break again and again? 

Thanks for the feedback.  It sounds like it is functioning correctly.  Sorry for the confusion.  There's nothing in there to give it a break feel unfortunately.  It's not something that I miss during practice though.  The only product that I know about that has a break feel is the Dry Fire Mag but that thing is offensively overpriced and you can't practice mag changes with it either.

If you could take a photo of your G44 with the clip installed like the second photo above that would be great.  Depending on how off it is I might be able to make an adjustment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Hi Michael,

Please don't take offense at my absence...  Work has been a madhouse, and I've been chasing reloading gremlins, and it's taken me a while to futz with this. 

Now that I understand how these are supposed to work, I'm really happy with them. 

I carved on one that Michael sent me so that it'll fit my G44...  His design is perfect for centerfire Glocks, but the .22lr Glock is weird in some ways. 

In the first photo you can see that the "insert" portion of the clip is too long for the G44.

IMG_0365.thumb.JPG.d4b132f31125d550439fc04d7a29d754.JPG

In the second photo you can see that the hook on the side of the clip ride up on the steel part of the G44's slide and don't seat properly, because the serrations on the G44's slide don't run all the way to the bottom of the slide. 

IMG_0366.thumb.JPG.1458325b6793578a87dd3ef2c1615437.JPG

In the third photo, you can see that I've cut away most of the "hooks" on the sides (leaving only the very top), as well as the "lip" along the bottom, and I've shortened the "insert" that goes inside the slide.  That's my hacked clip on the left, and an unmodified one on the right.

IMG_0368.thumb.JPG.5f6cb29e6bd33878a80cd7d80f5aa52b.JPG

In the fourth photo, you can see how the trimmed clip fits in the slide, with the unmodified clip in the background. 

IMG_0367.thumb.JPG.4471ab7245f820e948b5955d95a47355.JPG

So, basically it now works! 

Insertion is a bit awkward...  It can't simply be shoved in the back of the slide, but must put in place with the slide open and the gun upside down, and then held in place as I close the slide.  No big deal. 

Happily...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/12/2020 at 1:03 AM, Michael303 said:

I modeled this Glock dry fire clip a while ago but just got around to posting it to Thingiverse so I thought I'd share it here too. 

There are a few other neat things posted in my Thingiverse account too like Dillon anti-wobble pins, a Glock magazine base pad remover, a sight pusher and a few other handy things.
Enjoy!

1265001959_w7FS3qx-Imgur.jpg.011e27c58f2ee7590a4ce655ec1fac32.jpg1328583585_IwNgykl-Imgur.jpg.c79eaeedb6d9533c81177c5d18173933.jpg

Has anyone the original file? The link is broken
Edited by Mignog
error

• 5 months later...
On 12/12/2020 at 5:03 AM, Michael303 said:

Enjoy!

Sadly the link is broken, have you gotten an updated one? Or maybe one hosted somewhere else?