Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alternate Barrels for Sig P320

jwhittin

1 hour ago, jwhittin said:

Correction, it’s Radical Firearms and the barrel is on OpticPlanet.  Looks like they are discontinuing their line of pistol barrels.  

Radical Firearms build lower end AR’s, for an accurate barrel I would look else where. 

Looks like glockstore has P320 DoubleD barrels in stock (you can select compact or full sized).    Also found gunzonedeals and they also have some P320 barrels in stock for reasonable prices. I just ordered a GGP full sized threaded barrel.

On 12/14/2020 at 12:30 PM, Posvar said:

I would just order a BarSto from Springer and wait. About to order one with 1/2x28 threads for some fun. Excellent barrels and stunning accuracy. There is a reason Max runs them. 

Saw that Springer had the BarSto's in stock (for about 15 minutes) and grabbed one on 24-November.  It arrived on 7-December with the Romeo3 XL mount.  Currently looking for a 2nd barrel for the backup gun.

BC

9 hours ago, Archangelgt said:

Other than Barsto, I can't speak to any of the brands barrel quality or performance, but they all offer P320 Barrels. 

Barsto

Agency Arms

L2D

Grey Ghost Precision

Faxon

Killer Innovations

True Precision

Griffin Armament 

Zev

SilencerCo

Certainly hope some of these companies (other than BarSto) start making barrels for the P320 X-Five Legion.  A majority of them offer barrels for the P320 Compact and even some have barrels for the P365 but not the Legion.

BC

Well dang it!!!  I just received the brand new Grey Ghost Precision GGP320 barrel and there is a problem.  It may be a design flaw but let me know what you think.  I emailed GGP service and will see how long it takes to respond and what they are going to do. 

It looks like the sleek design of the chamber (chopped corners) allows the barrel to over rotate so the breech-end corner of the hood can catch on the slide cutout on the underside and block the slide open.  This happens about every 4th or 5th cycling of the slide.  A pull on the slide will allow the barrel hood to drop, clear the cutout, and go back into battery. This will also happen when disassembled and manually moving the barrel in the slide.

This is happening with a GGP Limited slide and a Sig RXP slide so that points to the barrel (both have the underside cutout). I can manually cause the stoppage and see what happens but if I use a different barrel its not possible to cause the stoppage because the barrel doesn't move axially.  I also notice in some pictures of barrels there is more surface area on the top surface of the chamber than the barrel I received. Even the pics on GGPs website are different than the barrel I have.  

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

Do you agree with my assessment?  

Has anyone heard or experienced this with the GGP barrels?  If so, how was it resolved?

Thanks

Edited by jwhittin

I got P320 X5 barrel from Zev. It looks good. I don't know its mechanical accuracy. Did 25 yd off hand shooting, the accuracy is about the same, in my hands, as the stock X5 barrel. 

ZevP3.jpeg

Edited by D_B_X

16 hours ago, D_B_X said:

I got P320 X5 barrel from Zev. It looks good. I don't know its mechanical accuracy. Did 25 yd off hand shooting, the accuracy is about the same, in my hands, as the stock X5 barrel. 

ZevP3.jpeg

‘the zev barrel looks like an OEM sig barrel with Some additional milling....

On my first Legion, with the slide removed from the grip and the guide rod and recoil spring still in place, the stock Sig barrel can be moved side to side and front to rear.  It is a very slight movement in both directions but it still moves.  This is with the barrel locking lugs pressed up against the slide.  Now it is understood that these are not Bullseye type weapons and must go completely into battery every single time, but this just seems a little bit excessive.

This is being addressed with Robert Burke of The Sig Armorer.  A "gunsmith fit" BarSto barrel was found at Springer Precision and forwarded to be fit to the Legion.  When it gets back (sometime mid-January) another comparison can be done with that barrel.

Since there are two Legions available, the second one has the same issue with the stock Sig barrel.  The two pictures show how much the barrel moves from side to side.

Legion1.jpg

Legion_Barrel2.jpg

Edited by BillChunn