Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got this email

MegaCleanCab

Not IDPA but a good idea.....

One of the USPSA staff that teaches NROI Range Officer class passes out business cards with the current range commands printed on the back.  They are perfect size to be stuck on the bak of a timer.  Not sure if 31 words would fit on a business card and still be legible. 

BC

12 minutes ago, BillChunn said:

Not IDPA but a good idea.....

One of the USPSA staff that teaches NROI Range Officer class passes out business cards with the current range commands printed on the back.  They are perfect size to be stuck on the bak of a timer.  Not sure if 31 words would fit on a business card and still be legible. 

BC

Remember hearing about or seeing the guy who had the range commands put on the back of a Techwear shirt?😂

USPSA does emphasize using the EXACT phrasing of range commands, because the shooter might be a foreigner who knows no other English.

I agree IDPA should do the same.

But it took him eight paragraphs to tell me to use 31 words.  Oh, well.  

20 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

USPSA does emphasize using the EXACT phrasing of range commands, because the shooter might be a foreigner who knows no other English.

I agree IDPA should do the same.

But it took him eight paragraphs to tell me to use 31 words.  Oh, well.  

have you been to Nationals?

you see shooters videos they post and hear some wrong commands given at nationals

shouldn't they do it right all the time?

I have RO-ed Troy at a match and other NROI instructors at the same match and used the wrong commands. I was educated by all of them, some in a nice way and some in a demeaning way. But I learned and now use the correct range commands.

Back to IDPA, one of its greatest flaws is the rampant tribalism of rules, their implementation and interpretation.  This dude wants to tune people up and tighten it up? I say good on him!

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

I have RO-ed Troy at a match and other NROI instructors at the same match and used the wrong commands. I was educated by all of them, some in a nice way and some in a demeaning way. But I learned and now use the correct range commands.

Back to IDPA, one of its greatest flaws is the rampant tribalism of rules, their implementation and interpretation.  This dude wants to tune people up and tighten it up? I say good on him!

A Big +1. Nothing is worse at an IDPA match than an SO with a Big Head, and a Small Brain. BTDT.

6 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Yeah, but then again I have heard RMI’s debate a rule and never agree. So it does go both ways

• 2 weeks later...

He could have skipped the whole war fighter part and would have gotten the same message across. I dont know about anyone else but I dont usually continue to listen/read much further if the first paragraph is telling me I'm less then.... 

8 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

He could have skipped the whole war fighter part and would have gotten the same message across. I dont know about anyone else but I dont usually continue to listen/read much further if the first paragraph is telling me I'm less then.... 

No, actually he likely wouldn't have.

Most people who've never served in the armed forces or aren't FAA licensed airmen have zero clue about the importance of standardized, clear, and concise communication particularly when it comes to doing dangerous things.  How do I know this?  Because I am both a military veteran (who did have to use radio comms quite a bit) and an instrument rated private pilot (meaning I need to speak to ATC on a frequent basis).

From your attitude towards the messenger, I'm going to guess you're one of those who doesn't get why standard comms are important.

13 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Most people who've never served in the armed forces or aren't FAA licensed airmen have zero clue about the importance of standardized, clear, and concise communication particularly when it comes to doing dangerous things.  How do I know this?  Because I am both a military veteran (who did have to use radio comms quite a bit) and an instrument rated private pilot (meaning I need to speak to ATC on a frequent basis).

From your attitude towards the messenger, I'm going to guess you're one of those who doesn't get why standard comms are important.

I agree, he gave a specific example of why standardized methods of communication is necessary.

Not everyone that competes, speaks english, but they know the order of the commands and what that means.

I have seen incorrect range commands cause DQ's, re shoots, arguments etc.

How hard is it to get it right?

1 hour ago, SGT_Schultz said:

oh please,,, bet you were a Navy cook,  seems all the Rambo wannabees I ran in to were. heck you are so ashamed of your service you use an Army rank in your handle. . admins should have given you the boot a long time ago. Your negative Nelly stuff is getting old.
Will be reporting ALL your posts to mods to get you banned... Serious. you need to chill

Edited by Joe4d

10 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

oh please,,, bet you were a Navy cook,  seems all the Rambo wannabees I ran in to were. heck you are so ashamed of your service you use an Army rank in your handle. . admins should have given you the boot a long time ago. Your negative Nelly stuff is getting old.
Will be reporting ALL your posts to mods to get you banned... Serious. you need to chill

Do it.  Go for it.

3 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Most people who've never served in the armed forces

Funny because I did 8 years, worked on the flight deck and hanger bay for 4 of them. Was Navy Securtiy Forces for 2. And I stand by what I said. The whole warfighter crap was useless. He could have left "I'm a super tough guy who is better then everyone." Out. It was straight out of the retired higher rank handbook. Use the example, that's fine. But dont put yourself above anyone else. I will never understand that mentality. 

5 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

Funny because I did 8 years, worked on the flight deck and hanger bay for 4 of them. Was Navy Securtiy Forces for 2. And I stand by what I said. The whole warfighter crap was useless. He could have left "I'm a super tough guy who is better then everyone." Out. It was straight out of the retired higher rank handbook. Use the example, that's fine. But dont put yourself above anyone else. I will never understand that mentality. 

Somehow, you totally missed what GrumpyOne was saying in the previous post? Closed