Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sight Pusher

OSP737

I need a sight pusher to align the sights on a few pistols, three Sigs and one Glock, and who knows what is in the future.   I've been looking at them on line and so many of the less expensive ones get some bad reviews.  They break, they scratch the slide, made out of plastic that doesn't hold up, etc.  So, I'm looking at the Wheeler sight pusher, not cheap, but had decent reviews and from the sounds of it, you only need to buy it once.  You can take your guns to someone that has a sight adjustment tool, but that is usually a wild guess (been there, done that) so the best is to have it at the range with you.  My question is, what tools have you found best and does what you need.

Thanks. 

I don't see how you use the Derlin bushing. How do you keep it in place. to whack it with the hammer?  

I've used a steel punch and strategically hold a thick piece of leather on the end to prevent scratches.    

i have one of these and its worked fine for pushing glock SW and other sites out.  the trick to using it is the butt the slide against the block and then only use one side of the pin that holds the slide . this way you area pushing against a big block of metal instead of a plastic pin.   

my mp shield was the hardest to move.  i heard a big pop when it did.  

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Handgun-Pusher-springfield-others/dp/B016R4DXJW

I have used the MGW universal sight tool for years and love it.  Im talking about the one that has interchangeable "shoes" for different model guns.  Most pistols have been super easy to change the sights and then its precise enough to get the sights centered to exactly where I want them set.  Ive used it on Glocks, 1911s, springfields, CZs, etc and other than the shield as mentioned above, they were all easy, the shield I gave up on.  It also have extra pads to remove some of the stress from the twisting of the process.  Hope that helps.

Adam

2 hours ago, jwhittin said:

I don't see how you use the Derlin bushing. How do you keep it in place. to whack it with the hammer?  

I've used a steel punch and strategically hold a thick piece of leather on the end to prevent scratches.    

Go to ace hardware and look in the hardware section in those little boxes full of obscure goodies. White delrin bushing or spacer. About 1 1/2” long. Really hard plastic looking. Take slide off lay a towel on garage floor lay slide on towel on its side and pound it out with spacer and hammer. Don’t be afraid to hit it either. 

I have one of these and have used on many different pistols and it comes with the blocks to use on almost every pistol out there. Made in San Diego by an American

I tape everything up real good when I am reinstalling the sights back in. They have another new model now that is a different design but i have not looked into it.

Glocks are easy to do with a delrin punch and hammer but Springfield must install their sights with a hydraulic press and they require a good sight tool.XL.jpg

https://sightpusher.com/product/xl-handgun-sight-tool/

I have the standard sight tool from sightpusher.com and it's a fine piece of equipment.  What sold me was the thick steel frame, rather than aluminum.  Removing the front sights on my M&P was going nowhere using a vise, hammer and brass rod, but this tool worked fine.

22 hours ago, galt11 said:

I have used the MGW universal sight tool for years and love it.  Im talking about the one that has interchangeable "shoes" for different model guns.  Most pistols have been super easy to change the sights and then its precise enough to get the sights centered to exactly where I want them set.  Ive used it on Glocks, 1911s, springfields, CZs, etc and other than the shield as mentioned above, they were all easy, the shield I gave up on.  It also have extra pads to remove some of the stress from the twisting of the process.  Hope that helps.

Adam

I second (or third, based on the thread) this recommendation. Buy once and never look back.

• 3 weeks later...