Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BUL Armory +Cheely grip

Bakerjd

Well I put one of the new BUL Armory red dots on it. The MS3. So far I like it. I don't know how well it will hold up but it's a nice optic. Battery is side load too. I have a bunch of random 9 minor loaded ammo I'm gonna run through this thing to see how it all holds up. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/10/2022 at 6:26 PM, Bakerjd said:

Well I put one of the new BUL Armory red dots on it. The MS3. So far I like it. I don't know how well it will hold up but it's a nice optic. Battery is side load too. I have a bunch of random 9 minor loaded ammo I'm gonna run through this thing to see how it all holds up. 

I bought a couple of the BUL ms-2 red dots that ressemble the SRO shape wise, fast forward to a few weeks later I read somewhere that they’re made by a Chinese company Vector and rebranded for BUL. So basically I bought a Vector Frenzy with a BUL logo at over double the price. I picked up a Vector on ebay for slightly over $100 to compare and they’re identical. The funny part is BUL claims theirs is a 5MOA vs Vector 3MOA BUT it’s the same exact dot and size.

I also bought a Frenzy (SCRD-36), and it is de facto the same thing as the Viridian RFX-35 (but not green). I can't find them for a hundred bucks on eBay, though. Gotta be careful not to buy an SCRD-35, which is a Docter-mount footprint.

10 hours ago, erwos said:

I also bought a Frenzy (SCRD-36), and it is de facto the same thing as the Viridian RFX-35 (but not green). I can't find them for a hundred bucks on eBay, though. Gotta be careful not to buy an SCRD-35, which is a Docter-mount footprint.

The SCRD-36 is the one I got from Aamdistributors on EBay, it was at $130 OBO I ended up getting it for around 120 shipped just to compare them. 

Dunno about the other ones but the actual BUL optic I have is perfect for this gun. Put about 200 rounds of an old 124gn minor load I have through it and ran perfect. Zeroing at 25ft was easy. Held zero no problem. 

On 12/5/2020 at 3:32 AM, Bakerjd said:

I've had this BUL Armory doublestack commander for a while now. Installed better sights from Harris Design. And shot the heck out of it. 

I know this is an old post, so here we go!

What are type of site cuts?  I have a SAS II TAC commander and hate the sites.

Have you had any trouble with slide lock not actuating?   It's happened to my quite a few times.  Stretched out the sprint, and that worked for a while.

Edited by IMNOTnID10T
Added more info

1 hour ago, IMNOTnID10T said:

I know this is an old post, so here we go!

What are type of site cuts?  I have a SAS II TAC commander and hate the sites.

Have you had any trouble with slide lock not actuating?   It's happened to my quite a few times.  Stretched out the sprint, and that worked for a while.

Sights really depends on exactly model. Newer ones seem to be Novak lately. Older ones were really close to kimber but required some time spend with a thread file to get them to fit. 

I didn't have any slide lock back issue when I used bul mags. I'm now using 2011 mags and don't have issues. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I want to put some Cheely grips on my BUL SAS II UR and know they need fitting. However, Prasky Guns informs me they are not taking jobs due to a significant backlog. The BUL is a beautiful gun but these grips have GOT to go. 

Are there any other recommendations to do the fitting?