Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Turn and Draw /w Race holster (Sticking?)

lroy

Since switching to a race holster, I noticed the gun has an annoying habit of sticking on the turn and draw. With kydex it wasn't much of an issue, but now if I don't free the gun before turning, there is a tendency for it to not clear entirely and get stuck for a moment.

It seems to be caused by my shoulders completing the turn before my hips, so the gun is drawn slightly twisted. The fix of this, I'd assume, would be the turn my hips over quicker, but it just feels awkward.

Is this something others have encountered or am I just being a doofus?

4 hours ago, lroy said:

Since switching to a race holster, I noticed the gun has an annoying habit of sticking on the turn and draw. With kydex it wasn't much of an issue, but now if I don't free the gun before turning, there is a tendency for it to not clear entirely and get stuck for a moment.

It seems to be caused by my shoulders completing the turn before my hips, so the gun is drawn slightly twisted. The fix of this, I'd assume, would be the turn my hips over quicker, but it just feels awkward.

Is this something others have encountered or am I just being a doofus?

What holster do you have?? 

8 minutes ago, lroy said:

Everglades mrh. Do they not all function the same?

If you pull the gun straight out there is no binding.  I have one and have no issues with it.  However, I had a DAA Alpha previously and had your problem.  Maybe since I learned to cure the problem on the DAA I don't have it on the MRH.

If it helps, here is what I do.  Since turn and draw is usually surrender draw, I reach down and get a good grip on the gun while turning (hips and shoulders at the same speed) and don't draw until I am 3/4 of the way around.  At that point it is just like a normal draw.

3 hours ago, lroy said:

Everglades mrh. Do they not all function the same?

I have the same holster, don't have that problem at all. I Had the DAA it was notoruis for sticking.. 

Edited by Furrly