Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz shadow 2- which grips- vz,lok, henning,or?

On 12/4/2020 at 12:08 PM, D_B_X said:

I feel isolated, because I find the factory grips perfectly fine for me....

I also like the factory grips. I’ve got smaller hands so the thin aluminum works well. But, I’m probably going to give the LOK thin Bogies a try and see how the feel. 

42 minutes ago, Stafford said:

I also like the factory grips. I’ve got smaller hands so the thin aluminum works well. But, I’m probably going to give the LOK thin Bogies a try and see how the feel. 

The bogies are a quantum leap in traction compared to the aluminum grips.

I have a pair of aluminum grips for my 75 and they've been collecting dust for years since I moved to G10

I will probably end up sanding all the diamonds down and coating them in silicon carbide.  They'll look like s#!t but at least they'll work.

I also really like the look of the blue aluminum grips on my S2, and the blue LOK grips are more of a plain royal blue. However, with shooting, dry firing and competing, my shiny blue grips have lost some of their luster and gotten a bit nicked up. But, hey, that’s what the gun is for. I’ll probably just get black grips when I order the LOK thin bogies. 

I love the Lok Palm Swells. I have Bogies on my SP-01 that I sanded very lightly because they were very sharp. Went with Roughnecks on my Shadow 2, since I wanted grips slightly less sharp. But if I had it to do over again I'd go with Bogies on the Shadow 2 as well. The Roughnecks are perfectly fine, but I prefer the Bogies, even if they need very slight smoothing.

• 4 weeks later...

Loks all the way.  The only bad thing about Lok is how many different options there are, they tend to be overwhelming.  

I went with palm swells full checkered.  Most seem to like the bogey or roughneck