Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz shadow 2- which grips- vz,lok, henning,or?

Ozy

23 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

What are you trying to gauge by this question?

Grips are like shoes, a very individual thing.

What he is trying to gauge is- to see what is the most popular grip being used by CZ owners on this forum -

26 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

What are you trying to gauge by this question?

Grips are like shoes, a very individual thing.

??? huh?  It's in English at the top. "Curious which grips makers and models dominate the shadow 2 crowd....."  I'd say that's what he's trying to figure out. 

1 hour ago, wchangose said:

??? huh?  It's in English at the top. "Curious which grips makers and models dominate the shadow 2 crowd....."  I'd say that's what he's trying to figure out. 

I think he's pointing out that's not something you should necessarily just follow the crowd on. Grips are a personal choice based on hand size, shape and shooter preference. Just because I like one brand/model doesn't mean it'll work for someone else. You'll probably also find your preference will change with time. A better move IMO would be to ask people at matches if you can look at their gun at the safe table. Most people like to show of their stuff and will gladly let you play with it. I'd even let you shoot mine after a match if someone wanted.

I like a wide gun in spite of relatively short fingers. Having a lot of surface area to grip feels like I have more control.

On the S2 I started with Lok Palm Swell Bogies, but had to shave down the right side grip a little so my trigger finger could comfortably reach.

I've now switched all my CZs over to the SSI Scales 2.0. I especially like the flat sides more than the egg shape for a consistent index. The big pockets provide a lot of grip without being sharp.

5 hours ago, belus said:

I especially like the flat sides more than the egg shape for a consistent index.

Same here.  Despite trying REALLY hard to like them, I cannot deal with the P-10 series of pistols.  Their rounded grip sides just do not let me find the same place for my hands twice in a row.  The flat sides and the beavertail tang of the P-07 and P-09 guide my hands to the same exact spot every time and I can add a lot more leverage against the flat side with my support hand.

Same reason my 75 has flat, thin LOK grips.

Finding out whats in common use lets narrows down your field.

Lok makes a ton of patterns and thicknesses alone.  Just hearing the names CZC, Lok, Armanov gives you dozens of choices.  It doesn't mean you are not making a good choice based on your specific hands and grip.

42 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Keep reading and you'll find a post from someone who got my point.

Your welcome- SGT_Schultz- you'll get more respect on this forum if you loose the know it all attitude- 

And yes- Hogan's Hero's was you best part in life- LOL