Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Ultimate Canik SFx Combination

FF112173

I have 2 Canik TP9SFx pistols. And they both are set up the same. The ultimate Canik TP9SFx combination for me is. 

Freedom Smith Triggers

W74 Tungsten guide Rods

14 pound Commander recoil springs

29 Newton striker spring

Taylor Freelance brass backstraps.

My load is 147 grain Blue Bullet on top of 3.2 grains Sport Pistol.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 2:06 PM, EEH said:

Do you have to use the commander spring or full length spring and just cut it to right length?

Best to go with actual Commander-length springs.  This way you know the actual spring weight.  When you cut down a full-sized spring you have just changed the spring weight.

I've read that if you reduce the recoil spring, that you should also reduce other springs.  Is that correct?  Is it the striker spring, the trigger return spring or both?  Thanks.

Yes, these two springs balance each other out

29 Newton striker spring

No need to change trigger springs.  I left mine stock.

Here's a good video on how to change the striker spring (and what it looks like before you do it - ie, out of battery)

Edited by IronicTwitch

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 3:13 PM, FF112173 said:

Canik TP9 SFx

Springer Precision Sig P320, not X5, steel guide rod

Wolff 14# Commander Length recoil spring 

Federal Syntech 150gr Action Pistol 

BDA73CDC-CB72-442D-9606-8799B58927C5.jpeg

Which grip sleeve is that? I like everything about my Canik except how poorly it fits my hand.  

On 1/17/2021 at 2:49 PM, obsessiveshooter said:

Which grip sleeve is that? I like everything about my Canik except how poorly it fits my hand.  

I did my TP9SFX grip in epoxy and silicon carbide.  Fits my hands and I really like the texture.

reduced power Glock firing pin block/plunger safety spring.....

I did this PLUS the Freedom trigger, the lighter striker spring, the W74 spring guide and the brass back spacer as well as the brass base plates on the mags.   Made a DRAMATIC weight increase for the pistol....

Just to let you know, I installed a reduced power plunger spring that I picked up for 5 bucks at Cajun Gun Works and believe it or not, it had a VERY SIGNIFICANT impact on the trigger pull and thats even with the Freedom trigger installed....

I also did polish up the plunger itself as it had a very little bit of "drag" when pushed up and down in its mounting hole so I'm sure that helped alot too. I did do the polishing first and noticed a significant decrease in trigger pull after installing the spring.

I'm still building out my 2nd SFx but the list is as follows (this is a dedicated Open/Limited gun, just have to remove the railed dot)

~freedomsmith trigger

~TF brass backstrap

~TF brass magwell

~TF brass mag extensions

~under-rail optic mount (have a couple and testing: Carver Custom, UTG, and Vulpo)

~talon grips (granular)

~w74 tungsten guide rod

~Wolff Commander-length springs (either 12 or 13, need to do some testing)

~Sprinco 29 Newton firing pin spring

~Wolff reduced power plunger spring (for glock)

~Prepper gun shop threaded barrel

~Tandemkross Game Changer Pro comp

~Holosun dot (507c if using the one mount, 510c if using the railed mounts)

~Alpha-X race holster (had to sand down the insert to fit the under rail mount properly)

~SJC slide racker

Edited by bigdawgbeav

• 2 months later...

I just finished putting mine together (with the help of Stonebridge Gunworks):

TP9SFX Blackout

Cmore RTS2 10moa

Cajun CZ P-10F guide rod & spring

Sprinco plunger and trigger spring

Glock 6# striker spring

Freedomsmith Racer Trigger

Freedomsmith mag release

Henning Basepads & Grams guts

2 extra 10rd mags with the dimples drilled out

Grip tape

Canik.jpg

c2.jpg

15 hours ago, rocket99 said:

I just finished putting mine together (with the help of Stonebridge Gunworks):

TP9SFX Blackout

Cmore RTS2 10moa

Cajun CZ P-10F guide rod & spring

Sprinco plunger and trigger spring

Glock 6# striker spring

Freedomsmith Racer Trigger

Freedomsmith mag release

Henning Basepads & Grams guts

2 extra 10rd mags with the dimples drilled out

Grip tape

Canik.jpg

c2.jpg

I really like what you have done here. Ordered a flat slide stop lever today. How do you like the freedomsmith Mag release? I feel like even with the small factory one it digs into my had a little.

23 minutes ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

I really like what you have done here. Ordered a flat slide stop lever today. How do you like the freedomsmith Mag release? I feel like even with the small factory one it digs into my had a little.

I added it purely based on cosmetics, although it it smoother and easier to operate.  

21 hours ago, dfwmiket said:

Nicely done! Which adapter plate for the CMore? I'd like to see that dot..... bigger IS better, I say. :) 

-Mike

It is Canik plate #3.  The slide did need to be milled in front of the plate a bit for the RTS2 to sit flush though.  My eyes see the 10moa CMore as just a bit bigger than the 5moa Trijicon SRO.  Its not huge by any means

Edited by rocket99

On 12/1/2020 at 8:56 PM, RAP said:

I have 2 Canik TP9SFx pistols. And they both are set up the same. The ultimate Canik TP9SFx combination for me is. 

Freedom Smith Triggers

W74 Tungsten guide Rods

29 Newton striker spring

Taylor Freelance brass backstraps.

My load is 147 grain Blue Bullet on top of 3.2 grains Sport Pistol.

I put a Ghost 6.5 lb  striker spring in my TP9SFX.. What's the difference between the Ghost 6.5  and the  29 Newton, is one lighter than the other ?

15 hours ago, B_RAD said:

But how's it run?  With serious round count

Only ran it in practice and 1 match.  I have removed the comp since it's useless and required a lighter spring.  Plus the brass was barely ejecting.  Yes, I could tune a minor load with higher PF to make it more effective, but I shoot Steel Challenge and pretty much have a sub-minor load I use for everything.  It runs great. Although the idea was to have this gun dedicated for Open/Limited and just take off the optic and swap the rear plate.  But the front sight fell out of the dovetail.  I realized I'm probably not going to shoot limited that much and if I get that itch, I have a 2nd Canik I can use.

Still getting used to the dot being up a little higher but I like the big window and it then matches all my other Steel Challenge optic guns

Edited by bigdawgbeav